(33) - Gala and Daddy

Start from the beginning

Marcello's POV

"Hey," She brakes the silence, her angelic voice taking direction. It wasn't possible but somehow and someway, Autumn was more beautiful than the last. The dress I picked myself looked amazing on her, making me fight a groan. 

Shit, was she trying to kill me?

The dress was better than I imagined, making me speechless. My mouth visibly stopped, my eyes roaming over her body as I admired the soft blush against her tan skin. She was a true beauty and fuck, I was a lucky bastard. 

I let out a subtle smile, remembering that this woman is my girl. I knew it and I was fucking ecstatic, I could finally call her that. I stepped in, confidently wrapping an arm around her waist, needing to feel her next to me. 

"Wow. You look beautiful." I pressed an eager kiss to her lips, dipping her slightly as she laughed and wrapped her arms around my neck. Her blushed reappeared, slowly backing away to meet my eyes. I looked back, smiling, thankful I could call this amazing woman mine. 

"Nicky!" I hear little Bud from the hall. His voice booming with excitement as he saw I was here. Issac ran, wedging himself between us. I would be lying if I said it wasn't cute. I never called children cute before but Issac, he was different. He was the son of the woman I was happily falling for. If I played my cards right, he would be the closet thing to a son I never had. 

"Hey, Bud." I lift him up effortlessly, rubbing his blonde hair in a playful matter. "How you doing? Miss me?" Issac laughs, curling closer to me. 

"Yup. You can to see me?" He asks, full of hope. My heart aches as I know I would have to destroy it. 

"I'm sorry, Bud. I'm taking your mommy out." He looks down, his eyes filled with sadness. Autumn tries to say something, but I quickly interfere. "Don't worry, I'll come back tomorrow. First thing in the morning, we can play. How's that?" I look at Autumn, felling stupid for not asking her first in the first place. She reassures me a warming smile, making me melt. 

"Really!" Issac yells and I nod. "Do you like like mommy?" He whispers into my ear, loud enough that Autumn hears it, blushing slightly. 

"I do but don't tell her. It's a secret." I said, locking my eyes with her. I meant every word I said the last time I was here. I wanted us to try and try we fucking will. No matter how long it takes. 

"Mommy doesn't have boyfriends. Aunty Nessa says they kiss and hug. Are you Mommy's boyfriend?" He asked, this time being too quiet that Autumn is left guessing. I nod, picking him up as he was slowly falling.

Issac smiles, a smile that will make me want to do anything for him. "Does this mean you my Daddy now?" 

~

Autumn's POV

After we said our goodbyes, we left the apartment hopping into a limo Marcello had for the night. We drove silently as Marcello's chauffeur Blake rode us through the streets of New York. Marcello was painfully quiet. Quiet enough to make this awkward for me. 

Issac whispered something into Marcello's ear before he froze as a dashing Issac jumped from his arms. His face paled, an unknown emotion in his forest greens as he watched Issac escape from his hold. 

Did Issac say something? Or was Marcello shocked or worst did regret going with me?

Maybe, I was overreacting. Okay, I was. My nerves were over the roof, already dreading that in a few moments, my co-workers and the entire world know that I, Autumn Black, was dating Marcello Nico de Luca, the boss. Unknowingly, the boss Sarah wanted me to set her claws into.