Chapter 16: Miracles Live Again

Start from the beginning

Lelouch said, "All tasks at hand have been cleared. And now the tide of battle shall turn.". 

The door opened and I said, "N-Nunnally...".

Nunnally gasped as we walked inside.

I mentally said, "Nunnally... we're all together again. At last...".

Nunnally said, "You're Zero and One aren't you?! The terrorists!". 

Lelouch and I stopped walking.

Nunnally said, "Have you both come to kill me as well? Like you killed my brother Clovis and my sister Euphie? Even so, will you wait just a moment, please? I think that what you're doing is wrong!".

I said, "It's Britannia that is wrong.". 

Lelouch said, "The Emperor believes that might is always right. Do you approve of that?".

Nunnally said, "Well...".

I said, "Viceroy Nunnally, you're just being used.".

Nunnally said, "You're saying they sent a blind, crippled girl to win everyone's sympathy? Then you're wrong. I asked them to send me. That's why I'm here.".

Lelouch and I gasped.

Lelouch asked, "You requested it?".

Nunnally said, "I think with a peaceful approach, I can make the world a gentler place. That's why I want to carry out Euphie's plan to create the Specially Administrated Zone of Japan.".

I gasped at the memory of Euphemia shooting me.

I asked, "You'd have that return?!".

Nunnally said, "Zero, One, won't you please try to help me rebuild it?". 

Lelouch gasped and stepped back as Nunnally offered a hand.

Nunnally said, "People can start over. Please.".

I mentally said, "What do we do? We can't reveal Zero and One's identities to her. But we can't take her by force either. I can see now that would traumatize her."

The Lancelot burst into the garden and I angrily said, "Suzaku!" as I tried to make it for Nunnally.

As I and Lelouch ran to Nunnally, I said, "Escape with us!".

Suzaku said, "Nunnally!".

Nunnally shouted, "Suzaku!" as Lelouch and I were blown away.

I mentally said, "No, not after he sold Lelouch out to Father!".

Nunnally said, "Suzaku! Down here!".

Suzaku landed before her and asked, "Were you frightened? Forgive me. It's all right now.".

Lelouch shouted, "Nunnally!" as Suzaku flew away with Nunnally and Kallen caught us with the Guren Mk II.

Later At Night*

When I got back to my secured room I turned the TV on and my father was giving a speech.

He said, "The world lies! Thou shall not commit murder! Thou shall not bear false witness! Thou shall not cheat! Thou shall not steal! Thou shall not covet thy neighbor's wife! All of these are lies! Mere illusion! Nothing more! They don't want to be killed! They don't want to be robbed! Using the twin lies of justice and morality! The weak are endeavoring to protect themselves! But the first truth there is that the strong devour the weak! So let us feed upon people, upon wealth, upon riches and power! We of Britannia shall feast upon the raw flesh of the world itself! We must crush this deception and bring forth the truth! All hail Britannia!".