2. A Late Start

Yay! You were interested enough to read the second part! Thanks!
Make sure to vote and comment :)
____________________________________________________________________

"Lucy!" Natsu and Happy yelled, skidding into place next to her as they met at the train station.

"Natsu! You took long enough... We're about to miss the train!" Lucy huffed. She stormed onto the train with a flip of her blonde hair and her hands on her hips, with Happy close behind.

"Heh, sorry I was just--" Natsu began to say, but he was cut off by a blow to the face.

"You idiot! This is the last train out of Magnolia today and you almost made us miss it!" Gray yelled, after he punched Natsu in the face.

"Shut up, stripper! I'm here now, aren't I?? And get some clothes on!" Natsu yelled back, getting ready to fight. Gray looked down and sighed. When did his clothes even come off?

Juvia yanked Gray's arm and said, hurriedly, "If Gray-sama doesn't hurry up, we really will miss the train!"

"Let's go, guys!" Happy yelled, from inside the train. It started to chug forwards.

"Gahh! Look what you've done!" Gray yelled, running after Juvia to catch the train. Natsu ran quickly behind them.

The three of them jumped on the train just in time, and it pulled out of the station.

Lucy sighed in relief. "For a second there, I actually thought you guys would miss the train and I'd have to go do the job myself..." She said, slumping into the seat.

"Hey, you would have had me!" Happy said. Lucy laughed nervously.

"Nah." Natsu said, clenching his teeth through the nausea of his motion-sickness. "We'd just come after you some other way. Happy would fly me..." He barely managed to say this before he passed out.

Lucy groaned at his incapableness, but then she smiled as she shook her head. She knew that he would have come for her no matter what. She pushed the sappy thoughts out of her head when she noticed that Juvia and Gray weren't there.

"Huh? They were right here a second ago..." Lucy said. "Hey, Happy. Where'd Gray and Juvia go?" She asked.

"I saw them sneak off together," Happy said, holding in a mischievous laugh. "I wonder what they're doing..."

Lucy smiled again. She knew Juvia came on too strongly, but her intentions were good. And honestly, a girl as devoted and loving as Juvia deserved the love of her life and more. Lucy found herself secretly hoping that Gray would finally realize what a great person Juvia was.

In reality, Gray and Juvia were just finding the food car in the train. Gray had left to find it, and Juvia tagged along.

"You don't have to come, you know," Gray said, shoving his hands into his pockets.

"It's okay. Juvia wanted to," Juvia said, smiling sweetly.

Gray held back a sigh. When will she understand? He thought to himself. But he didn't say anything more. They walked together to the back of the train, where there was food.

"I'll have an ice cream..." Gray turned to Juvia. "Whaddaya want?"

"I'll just have some water, please."

Typical Juvia, Gray thought as he dug in his pocket for money.

"It's okay, Juvia can pay," Juvia said, with the money already in her hand.

"What? No it's fine, I've got some money somewhere..." Gray searched his pockets some more only to come up empty handed again.

"It's okay, Gray-sama," Juvia said softly. "You don't need to do everything yourself." She turned around and paid the man behind the counter.

What the hell did that mean? She almost sounded sad when she said it, Gray thought to himself, frowning.

The two of them took a seat at one of the booths, across from each other. Juvia took delicate sips of her water and Gray bit straight into his ice cream.

"Want some?" He asked, around a mouthful.

Juvia smiled. "Of course! Juvia would love some. I really do love ice cream..."

"We can get you one of your own, if you want," Gray said, handing her a spoonful of his ice cream.

"No... it's better when it comes from Gray-sama's bowl," Juvia said, blushing slightly as she popped the ice cream in her mouth.

Gray nearly groaned. That was ridiculously... cute. But she really needs to learn to let go.

After eating the two mages made their way back to Lucy and Natsu. Lucy was fast asleep, and Natsu was still unconscious.

"Get some rest, Juvia. We have a long journey for this job," Gray said.

"You too, Gray-sama." Juvia sat down in her seat and motioned for Gray to sit next to her.

He sat and leaned back, closing his eyes.

"Gray-sama?" Juvia asked, timidly.

"What is it?" He asked, not opening his eyes.

"Juvia has a bad feeling about this job..."

Gray opened his eyes to glare at her. "Well, don't go jinxing it. I'm sure it'll be fine, you're worrying over nothing."

"But, usually when we go on big important jobs like this, Erza-san is with us. But she couldn't come... Do you think we can handle it?" Juvia asked, doubtfully.

Gray sighed. "Have some faith, Juvia. In me, Natsu, and Lucy. You're not so bad yourself. We can do this, easy. Now go to sleep," Gray said, shutting his eyes again.

"Okay..." Juvia said, smiling.

Of course, he's right. We are all powerful mages. Juvia has nothing to worry about...