63. Hospital Beds- (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

I hope Andy's okay. Brendon seemed really worried, and he seems like a pretty happy, upbeat person so this must be bad for him to be this worried.

When I walked into the hospital, I said hi to the nurses at the desk and walked to my office to put my backpack down. Once I did that, I went to go find Andy's room. I didn't have to look long, since Brendon was standing right outside the door. When he saw me, he motioned for me to come over to him, which I did.

"Thank god you're here! Andy won't calm down and we can't get him to stop crying no matter what we say or do. We want to help him, but there's nothing we can do." He says.

"Okay. I'm here now. I'll figure something out." I say as we walk in the room.

When I walked in the room, a boy who I'm assuming is Ash was sitting on the bed with Andy, and for some reason was wearing a straight jacket like Andy was when I first met him a few hours ago. I guess I'll find out about that when I officially meet Ash tomorrow. Right now I need to focus on getting Andy to calm down.

Andy was sitting in the corner of his bed, curled up into a ball, hyperventilating and sobbing his heart out. He had his arms wrapped around himself as if he was trying to hug himself. he was also still wearing my hoodie, which actually looked really good on him. I carefully sat on the bed next to him and placed my hand on his shoulder.

"Hey sweetie" I whispered quietly, so I wouldn't startle him.

He looked up and when he saw it was me, he threw his arms around me and buried his face in my shoulder. I held him tightly and moved him so he was sitting on my lap. He wrapped his legs around my waist and cuddled closer to me. I hugged him tighter and started rubbing his back soothingly.

"Come on Ash. We should give them some space. Let's go back to sleep." Brendon said. They both went back to their beds and tried to go back to sleep while I stayed with Andy.

"Shh it's okay, love. It was just a dream. No one will hurt you here. Especially not while I'm here. You're okay sweetie. I'm here now. I got you." I whispered as he sobbed harder into my shoulder.

God I hate seeing him like this. He's so broken and all I want to do is help him. He doesn't deserve to be crying like this.

After about 10 minutes, he finally started to calm down.

"Wow. He must really like to be held. That's the fastest anyone's ever gotten him to calm down." Ash said.

"Really?" Ash nodded.

Once Andy had calmed down more and his cries were reduced to small sniffles, he let go of me slightly so he could dry his face.

"I'm sorry" he whispered as he cuddled up to me again.

"Sweetie, you have nothing to apologize for. I told you to have someone call me during the night if you needed me, and you did. I'm proud of you, honey." I said as I held him tighter.

"I think you should try to get some sleep now. Will you be okay here the rest of the night?" He nodded

"Thanks Chloe... for coming here this late and holding me." He whispered.

"No need to thank me, hon. I'll always be here to help you. You sure you're gonna be okay?" I said. He nodded again.

"Okay, but if you need anything else just come to my office. I'm spending the rest of the night here. Goodnight Andy" I said as I hugged him one last time before walking out of the room.

I went back to my office and sat down in the fluffy chair. I know I've only known Andy for one day, but something in me is making me feel like I need to protect him from everything that could hurt him. I already feel a strong connection to him. Like I know him from somewhere or like I'm somehow connected to him, but I don't know how. And he seems to trust me a lot more than I thought he would. Maybe he feels this connection too? I'll have to ask him about that. Just not now. He's dealing with enough right now. I just really hope I can find a way to help him. He's so hurt and broken, and all I want to do is make all his pain go away. He doesn't deserve any of this. He's really sweet and kind and I can't understand why anyone would want to hurt him so badly.