Chapter 23

I was brutally grabbed by the arm and shoved into the front seat. I didn't bother struggling as the gun stayed steadily propped up against my head.

"No funny business," The bald man grunted as he slammed the door shut.

I simply watched as he jogged around the front of the car and opened the drivers door to get in.

After successfully placing his seat belt, the man put the car in gear and began to drive.

Just seconds into the empty road, I glanced at the man who drove with one hand on the wheel and the other holding the gun pointed at me.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked.

The man ignored me and simply gave me a disgusted look as he looked back at the road.

I sighed and glanced around the car. I looked down at the glove box and saw a picture of three infants giggling up towards the camera when the photo was taken. The picture was sticky tapped onto the black leather and next to it was a picture of a beautiful dark skinned women.

I stared at the picture for a few more seconds before looking back up at the man.

"Who are they?" I asked gesturing towards the pictures.

The man glanced down to were I was gesturing and immediately a flash of hurt displayed his features. A second later he sped the car up and clenched his jaw.

"Let me guess," I mused messing with him. Some people were just easy to read. Like an open book.

"That one," I said slowly as I pointed to the dark skinned women, "-was your wife," I continued and eyed him carefully.

The man closed his eyes for a few seconds and re opened them, despite that he was driving.

"-and this," I began again, pointing to the three infants, "-are your kids," I added and smiled at myself.

However I glanced down and then back up at him. This time I frowned.

"However, your wife died. Didn't she? You have three children that you have to take care of," I said feeling a little touched.

I could be wrong, but words were coming out of my mouth making my frown deepen.

"So why are you doing this? For money? To help your kids?" I asked curiously.

"To pay for day care? Food? Too provide all by yourself?"

Before I could react, the car slowed down and roughly came to a stop. The man placed the gun onto his lap and roughly grabbed my hair pulling me towards him.

"Who the hell are you," he hissed, "-who'd you hire for a background information? Or better yet who the hell did you kill to get it?" he said in a very angry voice.

I calmly grabbed his wrist and yanked it away from my hair.

Looking into the review mirror I patted it down and then turned to face him.

"I didn't hire anyone. Nor do, or did I kill anyone," I said gritting my teeth.

The bald man squinted his eyes and tightly clutched the gun.

"Is that so?" the man challenged.

"How about what you did to Catelyn? You killed her parents. You stole her wealth! You ruined a family!" He shouted as he started to shake in anger and my eyes grew wide.

Did he just say what I think he just said?

"Wait-"

"-you're a murderer!" The man continued, "-How could you bare to kill a family? Ruin one! I know how Catelyn feels. I couldn't get vengeance for my family but I will get vengeance for hers," the man grumbled in a low tone and I stared at him in shock.