Chapter 6

Large, modernized buildings reminded me of the museums and art galleries my dad used to take me to as a child. I'd used to run down the halls and look at the paintings in awe and mimic the faces of the sculptures.

My dream as a child and growing up was to make my own famous art piece one day.

Though, that dream was shattered the moment Marcus, Max and Catelyn entered my life.

Soon as their names crossed my mind, the small smile on my face vanished as I remembered my surroundings.

I began walking up the stairs of Marcus' owned building. He had a fairly large business going on and many people rushed passed me with black suits and pencil skirts, with cell phones glued to their ears.

Entering, I flattened down my white blouse that was tucked into my tight black skirt. Walking towards the receptionist, my red heels slapped onto the marble floor and the female receptionists head flew up.

It was fair to say I stood out amongst the all black dressed workers. Especially with my dark blonde hair left loosely down my shoulders.

"Welcome to Williams Industries. How may I assist you today?" the bubbly brunette asked with a large welcoming smile.

"I'm here to see Mr Williams himself. May I ask where his office is?" I replied back, equally polite as I rested my purse onto the desk the brunette sat behind.

The brunette looked taken aback by my words and suddenly she didn't seem so confident.

"Mr Williams himself? Do you have an appointment?" she asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"No I don't. But if you call and tell him Victoria is here, he will understand."

The girl looked at me like I had lost my mind. I didn't miss the amused smile that tugged at her lips.

"I'm sorry. Mr Williams is a very busy man. He doesn't have time for inbetweens. You need an appointment," the brunette said with one last smile and turned away.

I clenched my jaw and quickly glanced around to make sure no one was watching.

Leaning over the desk, I grabbed the girl by the arm and pushed her to face me, squeezing down on her arm.

"Hey! What the-"

"Look here girly," I said in a dangerously low voice.

"-you pick up that phone," I said pointing to it, "-and call Marcus telling him Victoria is here to see him," I said while digging my nails into the girls skin making her winch.

"Let go!" she squealed and a man walking past sent us a worried glance. I shot him a toothy smile and he looked at me for a second before giving me a grin and a wink.

"Call him," I gritted to the girl, twisting her arm making her gasp.

"Okay!" she hissed and I let go of her arm.

The girl snatched her hand back and craddled it with the other one.

"You're sick!" she spat and I grinned in return.

Why, thank you.

The brunette held the phone too her ear and spoke into the receiver, not bothering to hide the uneasiness in her tone.

"Hello? Yes, Mr Williams," she said with a pause as she glanced up at me.

"There is a Ms Victoria here to see you," she spoke calmly but her glare was somnemly directed at me.

The girl let out various 'mhm's' and 'm-m's' as she adverted her gaze to the desk.

Resting the phone to her chest, she gave me a fake, yet large smile.