Chapter 11

It's amazing what the internet could do. Just a few clicks and remarkably, invitations to all the wealthiest people are sent.

I was having a get together. I mentioned in the online invite that both Marcus and Alexander- the owners of the biggest industries would be there.

If they weren't planning on coming before, they sure as hell were now.

The reason for this get together at my apartment was so I could make myself noticed and prehaps form reliable sources. That and so I could have a little fun.

Champagne and a good laugh.

The prospect of it being at my apartment may sound a little wary, however thanks to the big fortune my parents unintentionally left behind, I owned a fairly luxurious apartment.

I guess Marcus, Max and Catelyn couldn't get a hold of all my parents money.

Putting aside my dull thoughts, I placed the final bottles of champagne and wine on the table, and stood up straight with a pleased sigh.

My phone pinged countless times, signalling the amount of people attending for tonight. I had to say, it was quite a bit.

On occasions like this I felt like my old self. Like Samantha. I felt all giddy about getting dressed up and having an excuse to wear a five thousand dollared dressed.

At the thought of my dress, I rushed to my room and walked over to my wardrobe. Guests would arrive in a few hours and a girl has to take her time.

**********************************

I stood facing the full body length mirror, as I ran my hands along the side of my hips, tiliting my head.

I wore a blood red dress. The front was lowly cut, showing cleavage- and the dress reached down to the floor. I put my hair back and red lipstick on, along with heels.

I looked good. I knew that. I also knew that I had to look good to remain interesting to Marcus.

As if on que, the doorbell to my apartment rang. I took in a sharp intake of breath and quickly rushed to the door, careful with my heels.

I pulled open the door and I put on a wide smile. On the other side of the door, there was a large group of different people in elegant clothing.

"You must be Victoria!"

"Is Mr Celeste going too be here?"

"I'll have a glass of champagne,"

"Is that food I see?"

...and thats how it all began.

An hour later my apartment was flooded with people, mingling with one another, laughing, and clinging wine glasses together.

Marcus nor Alexander had yet to make an appearance.

The laughter in the room concealed the soft music in the background and I gracefully sat on a nearby stool, after conversating with many people.

"Victoria," a voice said and my head snapped to my side to see Marcus leaning on the bench beside me, holding a wine glass.

"Marcus!" I said in fake joy as I lept up and wrapped my arms around his neck.

I felt one of his arms circle around my waist and his hand was lower than where a gentleman should place.

I leaned back and gave him my best smile.

"I'm glad you came," I cooed and batted my eyelashes at him.

Liar.

"Missed me?" Marcus asked in smugness.