1

Everyday I wake up with the same expectation...

something new.

But unfortunately I don't have that kind of life. Don't get me wrong, I love flying, it doesn't even cross me as a job anymore. I've just always felt like there was something else... deep deep down.

I suppose that's what dreams are for.

I snapped out of my trance as the sweet sound of the morning alarm screamed in my ears. I didn't waste time to sulk over the grief of having to get up, I like to get things over with. It's not like I ever slept anyways..

"I still don't understand why we have to combat train so early in the morning if we're pilots." Sparks groaned as she hopped off the top bunk.

"At least we know we can be badasses on solid ground just as much as when we're zooming through space." I suggested in attempt to make light of the situation.

She placed a small pat on my shoulder with one of her signature warm smiles as she began to tame her strawberry blonde hair.

I personally enjoyed combat training. It made me feel assured. I knew that if there were any given situation where I'd have to fight, I'm positive I could handle myself just fine.

Independence was one of my strong points. The thought of depending on something or someone else almost grosses me out. It seems quite pathetic.

As we made our way to the dining hall for a quick breakfast, Bones and Rufus joined us.

"Due to unfortunate circumstances, I am awake." Bones groggily quoted, as we chuckled at his enthusiastic remark.

I glanced over at Rufus who was still rubbing his eyes from his introduction to the awful white lights that lit the First Order halls. For once in 5 years you'd think he'd get a good nights rest.

"You up reading again last night Rufus?" I spoke up as everyone turned their attention his way.

"Knowledge is power." He stated with a smirk as he poked a gesture at his head. We all rolled our eyes at his usual behavior.

"Good morning cruel world, your little ray of sunshine has arrived!" Romeo shouted with too much energy as he joined us.

We all groaned and tried to ignore his energetic behavior.

Suddenly he slipped in between me and Sparks and wrapped his arms around our shoulders, "how are my two favorite hotties?" He flirtatiously questioned with confidence dripping off his tongue.

Before he could realize what was happening, I elbowed him in his stomach, not hard enough to cause actual damage.

Everyone busted out with laughter as Romeo clenched his sore stomach.

"You know maybe a 'sure i'll have your kids Romeo' or a 'I love you too' would've been a bit nicer." He still managed to obtain a smirk as he readjusted his posture.

"Come on lover boy," I rolled my eyes as I tugged on his arm and forced him to start walking, the group still giggling at the actions that had just taken place.

We made our way to our usual spot in the dining hall with trays in our hands. Bones and Romeo began their daily banter back and forth about some random topic, while every now and then Sparks and Rufus would join in and observe. I usually spaced out and thought about strange scenarios of some sort.