Chapter 9 - Giving Gifts

You saw Taehyung look in your direction when you called his name, and the other girl followed suit. He immediately stepped away from the girl, who glanced up at him in slight surprise. She crossed her arms as she took another puff of her cigarette. She looked inconvenienced that you had arrived and interrupted them. Taehyung walked over to you, stepping on his cigarette and stomping it out.

"I was just about to head in after I finished..." He said quickly. When he saw you glance at the girl, he did the same. "She just gave me a light." He said quickly.

"...Do you know her?" you asked curiously. "She seemed awfully close for someone who just wanted to give you a light..." you said. Before Taehyung could respond, you sighed. "If you didn't want to come here with me, you should've just said so." You said simply. Taehyung took your hand just as you were about to walk away.

"Wait! Wait, wait, wait." He begged. You looked over at him, only to see this girl was standing between you two now, smiling.

"I didn't know you had a girlfriend, Taehyung, you naughty thing." She cooed.

"Hyun-ah..." he said quickly, glaring at her. "Stop it."

"So you do know her." You said, turning back around. Taehyung stuffed his hands into his pockets and huffed.

"We went to middle school together, yeah." He said. "But she goes to a different school now."

"Well if you told me where you were going, I would've applied," Hyuna said, pouting playfully. She took his arm. "C'mon TaeTae-"

"Don't call me TaeTae." He said quickly. "Besides, aren't you in a relationship?" he asked. As you watched the duo slightly bicker, you heard someone else shout in the distance:

"What. The. Fuck?!" The three of you glanced over to see a male dressed in black leather with some wavy hair. He was attractive, sure, but extremely intimidating. Hyuna stepped away from Taehyung, tucking hair behind her ear.

"Fuck..." she mumbled as the guy approached. Without another word, he stormed up to Taehyung and grabbed him by the collar, and you quickly jumped back. You could see glimpses of a tattoo on his neck, and a few on his free hand, decorating his fingers.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing with my girlfriend!?" He asked. Taehyung gripped the guy's fist as it clung to his jacket.

"What the hell do you want from me, Ji Seok?" He asked, glaring.

"You know what I want, you stupid bastard. Why is my girlfriend hanging all over the likes of you?" He hissed. Taehyung managed to free himself from Ji Seok's grip, and he glared at him.

"I wasn't doing anything with her. All she did was offer me a light and I took it. Trust me, I'm not interested in your girlfriend."

"Yeah, okay. You know I oughta-"

"What? Punch me?!" He glared. "Go the fuck ahead, I'll kick you into traffic!"

"Taehyung..." you said softly. He couldn't hear you, as he was too busy shouting at Ji Seok. You glanced at Hyuna to see if she would do anything to stop them, but she simply crossed her arms, looking away from you and the situation itself. As they continued to shout, you saw Taehyung ready a fist and lift it up. "KIM TAEHYUNG!" You shouted, making both boys look at you now. Your face was red from embarrassment at the slight crowd that had begun to form around you and watch to see if a fight would break out. When Taehyung saw the look on your face, he lowered his hand. Just as he was about to say something, Ji Seok sent a punch to his face, making him fall due to the unexpected blow and hit his head on the concrete. You gasped, crouching beside him as he sat up, rubbing his face.