Chapter 6 - Rainy Days and Things to Say

"Woah!" J-Hope shouted when he saw Taehyung at school the next day. He was leaning against the wall after just putting on his school shoes and leaned against the lockers, watching Taehyung slip on his shoes. "Don't tell me you actually...did your homework?"

"She made me do it," Taehyung said, not looking at his friend as he closed his locker. "Why does it matter?" J-Hope's eyes were slightly widened at the sight before him. Taehyung rolled his eyes. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"I just...never thought I'd see the day..." he said softly. Before Taehyung could say anything else, they heard a voice.

"See the day for what?" They looked over and saw Jin, Jungkook, and Jimin standing before them, looking just as excited as they were to be there, which wasn't very much. Before Taehyung could speak again, J-Hope held Jin's arm.

"Hyung, it's terrible!" J-Hope said dramatically. "Taheyung is...going good!"

"I am not!" Taehyung shouted, his brows furrowing in annoyance. Jin watched as Jimin and Jungkook went to Taehyung, grabbing onto each of his arms. "Hey!"

"Don't worry, Hyung! We won't let them drag you down!" Jungkook shouted dramatically.

"We'll save you from your inevitable demise, even if it kills us!" Taheyung's face was red, and he looked annoyed.

"Would you idiots stop?" He shouted, pulling himself away. He dusted off his sleeves. He saw a few other students looking their way, to which he responded with a simple glare and sent them fleeing down the hallway. The fight was still fresh in their minds from the other day. "You guys are blowing this whole thing way out of proportion."

"Oh, are we?" Jin asked as the group finally made their way into the school building.

"What does that mean?" Taehyung asked, feeling Jin put his arm around his shoulders. Before Jin could speak, the group saw you approach them, holding your bag in front of you. Taehyung quickly brushed Jin off of him and stood up, putting his hands in his pockets. "...Hey..." he said. He was still mentally kicking himself for the way you two parted ways last night.

You were in the same mindset as he was, you spent the entire night after he left in your room wondering how you would face him the next day. But here you were, and you were smiling. "Good morning." You said, nodding your head to everyone, and they did the same to you. "Taehyung, we should go to bring your work to Professor Choi before class starts." You stated simply.

"I still cannot believe that you got him to do his homework," J-Hope said to you. You smiled.

"What can I say? I have a gift." You said. You looked back to Taehyung. "Shall we go?" Taehyung scratched the back of his head. Finally, he grunted out a little "whatever". Patting Jimin on the back, he put his hands behind his head as he followed you down the hallway. As you headed down the hall, neither one of you knew what to say. You kept glancing at Taehyung, and he kept glancing at you. But every time the two of you locked eyes, you both looked away from each other.

"...It looks like it is going to rain..." You said, looking out the window as you passed by it. Taehyung hummed in response. "I hope it waits until after school...I forgot my umbrella..." Once again, Taehyung did not respond. You sighed, gripping your bag tightly. "You do have all of your homework, right?" You asked curiously. Taehyung scoffed.

"Yeah, I do." He said simply. "I want to get rid of it as soon as I can." As you turned one of the corners, you made your way to the teacher's lounge. When both of you walked in and approached Professor Choi, Taehyung didn't say anything. He simply pulled out his homework from his bag and placed it all on Professor Choi's desk. You watched his eyes go wide, even a few other teachers who were sitting nearby had to step over and see for themselves that Kim Taehyung handed in all of his late homework.