[22]

That night Diana stayed awake thinking about everything, she lay alone in Isaac's tent letting her thoughts run wild

That night Diana stayed awake thinking about everything, she lay alone in Isaac's tent letting her thoughts run wild. As much as she hated the silence of being alone, she felt like it was something she should get used to. The Grounders weren't going to stop, everyone knew that, all the delinquents were on edge.

The tent flap opened. "Hey, thought I'd find you here." The voice wasn't what Diana expected, it wasn't Isaac or even Octavia. The girl sat up seeing Bellamy, her face twisted in confusion.

"What the hell are you doing in my tent?" She questioned as he looked down on her.

He sat down on Isaac's cot, across from her. "Do you remember the night of your arrest?"

It was like he hit a nerve, one that brought her all the way back to such a horrible memory she wished had been just a nightmare. "Of course I remember, how could I not?" Diana stood, grabbing the man's jacket and pulling him to his feet. "If you hadn't been there maybe, just maybe, I could've saved her." Her hands formed fists that she was ready to hit Bellamy with. "You should have died that night, not her. My mother was a good person, she deserved everything. You wanna know something? The day before I was arrested I heard my father talking about Aurora, about how he had to float a woman because she had a second child. My mom, she tried to convince him otherwise but he wouldn't listen, he couldn't break the laws because who would ever go against Jaha right?" Tears brimmed Diana's eyes but there was no way in hell she was going to let them fall, especially not in front of Bellamy Blake. "And the very next night Jaha issued my mother to float because she knew, she knew about Octavia, I don't know how or why, the only thing I do know is that I never actually intended on killing you. But Maybe if you had been thrown off the guard sooner, I could've gotten to her." Diana shook her head, blood boiling as she stared at him. "So yes, Bellamy, I remember everything." She shoved past him and out of the tent, her hands shook with anger as she made her way to Monty and Jasper's tent.

She rapped her knuckles against a wooden post twice before entering. "Diana, hey. What's up?" Monty asked with a smiled.

"Nothing, just here to see if you guys have any spare moonshine." Diana shifted her weight from one foot to another as Jasper began rummaging through strewn out items all over the floor of the boy's tent.

"Aha!" He held up a large metal canister and handed it to her.

She smiled appreciatively towards him. "Thanks, and hey. You guys did good, you made the shot, I'm proud of you, I hope you're proud of yourselves."

Jasper's smile brightened immediately. "Thank you Diana, means a lot." She nodded holding the can up in thanks, then she left the tent. Her eyes then landed on Octavia, the green eyed girl turned her head, seeing Diana she smirked and walked towards her.

"Hey." Seeing the blank expression on Diana's face suddenly worried her. "What's wrong?"

"Come with me." Diana said, walking towards the dropship. She made her way to the top level, surprisingly no one really spent time up there. She sat down, Octavia next to her. "You keep disappearing, Butterfly." Diana opened the canister taking a small sip then setting it between them.

Octavia swallowed a lump in her throat. "What are you talking about?" Diana shook her head closing her eyes.

"Don't do that. Don't play dumb, you know what I'm talking about." Diana knew something was up, she had to be right about this, she wasn't about to let herself believe she was going crazy. "The day I got sick, I saw you leave the dropship. An-and today? I haven't seen you until now, people talk ya know. They say you're out seeing that grounder." Octavia's face quickly changed and that's how Diana figured she was right.

Octavia grabbed Diana's hands. "Please, you have to understand-"

Diana pulled away from her. "Do you love him?" When Octavia didn't look up, Diana scoffed knowing the answer. "Okay. Well, I hope you'll be happy." Diana took a drink and closed it before leaving, she found herself in a familiar tent that was empty. She drank and drank and drank, feeling numb as she laid back on the cot. Diana wrapped herself in the warm blanket, falling asleep quickly, the scent of a certain girl lingered on the pillow.

---

Two days passed, the Grounders had yet to retaliate from the bombing. Diana stood watching over the work being done in the smoke house. Isaac joined her with a smile that she half-ass returned. Del entered the smoke house carrying a few logs that he threw into the fire. "Let's get this party smoking." He called with a laugh.

"You don't want the fire too big." Octavia pointed out. Diana hadn't talked to her since the night she confronted her about Lincoln. "So maybe just try to knock it down with some wet leaves." She informed the boy.

Del only shook his head, Diana stepped forward now standing in the doorway, oblivious to both Del and Octavia, however Murphy was looking at her. "You learn that from your boyfriend, Grounder pounder?" Del taunted.

"Hey, you wanna watch your mouth before I put on latrine duty or I could always kick your ass? If that's not what you plan on doing, I suggest you quit insulting people and get back to work!" Diana made sure Del was looking at her so she knew he would take her seriously. "Try me, Del." The boy only shook his head moving past her, out of the smoke house. Octavia and Murphy stared at her in surprise. "Keep working." She quietly murmured, turning on her heel and making her way back to Isaac.

"You feel better now?" He asked.

Diana scoffed. "No. I just don't know what I was thinking, getting involved with her."

Isaac shook his head. "You like her, Diana. Nothing's gonna change that." Diana sighed, shoving her hands in her jacket. "Come on, I gotta show you something." The pair made their way to his tent. From out of his pack he pulled two bracelets, they were friendship bracelets that they had made when they were twelve years old.

"Isaac what the hell? You've had these this whole time?" She grabbed the purple one that had their initials ingraved to a peice of metal, his was red.

"Your dad gave me yours." Isaac said helping her with the clasp. Her lips held a genuine smile, she then helped him out his on.

Diana hugged him. "This is incredible, Isaac. Wow, I can't believe you kept these." Isaac laughed then held out his pinky.

"Forever, remember?"

Diana smiled back gratefully, locking her pinky with his. "Forever."

"Guys! Fire!" A delinquent shouted, Diana bolted from the tent, Isaac quickly behind her.

The smoke house was up in flames, Bellamy was dragging his coughing sister away. Diana ran towards them. "Hey, you okay?" She asked Octavia. She nodded, unable speak as she coughed. Diana nodded back, her attention being turned toward a sudden shout.

"This is all your fault!" Murphy lunged at Del, landing a punch to his jaw. "We told you it was too much wood!" He punched him again.

Diana quickly moved forward. "Murphy, stop!" She grabbed his arm only to be shoved to the ground.

Bellamy than began breaking it up. "Hey! Hey! Stop it!" He pushed them apart pointing his finger in Murphy's face. "Save it for the Grounders!"

"Bell, now what the hell are we gonna do?" Octavia questioned from the ground. "That was all the food!"

Bellamy looked towards Diana, they had to think of something and they had to do it quickly.