[7]

Over night Diana didn't sleep, she watched as Clarke had tended to Jasper until the late hours

Over night Diana didn't sleep, she watched as Clarke had tended to Jasper until the late hours. The brunette finally told Clarke to get some shut eye. Isaac was asleep outside somewhere, as was everyone else she had interest in talking with. So she found herself walking the perimeters of camp, where a wall had started to take form. She heard small whimpers at first then they turned into screams. Diana turned around and found a young girl asleep, against a tree. She seemed to be twelve or thirteen.

Diana shook her, waking her from her nightmare. "Hey, wake up." The girl jolted up. "It's okay. It's okay. It was just a dream."

The girl only stared.

"I'm Diana, you're Charlotte, right?"

Charlotte nodded in response.

"It's okay to be scared, do you want to talk about it?" Diana asked the frightened blonde.

Charlotte started with a shaky voice. “It’s… my parents. They were floated and they… and I see it in my dreams and I just…”

"I understand, my mom was floated too." Diana never really liked talking about her mother anymore but the memory was still there, her mother, in some sort of way, was still there. "So, how did you end up here?" She asked changing the subject.

“Well… we were taking my parents’ things to the redistribution center and… I kind of lost it. They said I assaulted a guard.” Charlotte admitted, her lip quivering a bit.

The thought made Diana sick, why the hell would Jaha send a child this young down here. "I can't say I blame you. The gaurd isn't easy to be civil with." The brunette decided to change the subject again. "See that bright star up there? That’s The Ark orbiting above us. I think whatever happened up there, you know, the pain… maybe we can move past that now. Maybe being on the ground is our second chance.”

Charlotte looked at Diana with a look or confusion. "Do you really believe that?"

She didn't. "I'm trying to."

---

"Okay Cooper, you think you're so badass, go ask Blake if you can join him on his hunting trip." Diana smirked with a cocked eyebrow. They were giving eachother tasks to see who would quit first.

Isaac's smile dropped. "You're on Kane." He got up and made his way over to Bellamy, who was preparing to leave with a few others. When Bellamy agreed to take Isaac with him, the boy turned around and flipped his best friend off.

Walking over to them Diana was a bit pissed, she wanted to spend the day with Isaac. "Asshole." She muttered.

"My turn." He said.

Diana rolled her eyes. "Shoot."

"Go kiss that girl over there, the kinda blonde one with Monty." Isaac told her, referring to Harper McIntyre.