[32]

Diana kept a close eye on Finn as they all followed him since he had the map, not letting anyone else take it to try and lead the way. Her fingers were wrapped tightly around her gun, her sights on Finn were directed towards the trees occasionally, knowing that Grounders use them to hide and kill her people when they wanted to. Diana thought back to the fourteen or so graves outside of the dropship camp, how many more would they have to dig when they did find their friends.

"Hey." The voice broke her from her thoughts as she looked to the left, finding Bellamy. "You alright? You look distracted." He spoke, his eyes forward.

Diana nodded. "I'm fine." She told him, though she did feel distracted and she felt like something was wrong, but she couldn't quite put her finger on it until she tripped over something. "Shit!" She exclaimed before hitting the ground, groaning as pain bloomed in her shoulder, having absorbed most of the impact.

"Diana."

"Is she okay?"

Diana sat up, looking at her feet, trying to figure out what she had tripped over, that's when she saw the pair of boots. A small gasp escaped her lips as she scrambled to her feet. She had tripped over a dead body. "What the hell-"

The more they looked around the more bodies were surrounding them. "Where'd they come from?" Murphy questioned, Diana knelt down, her fingers tracing one of the patches on the jacket of a dead man.

She shook her head. "The Ark. Guard emblems on the sleeves of their jackets." Diana pointed out, looking around at the amount of bodies here. Too many. They had died being sent to the ground for another, longer, chance at life, the irony was quite sickening.

"Fall in." Bellamy demanded as he raised his gun slightly. They all walked along the trail, on either side of which, were the dead, their bodies littered the ground, flies buzzing around them. When they reached the end of the trail, being stopped by a cliff's edge. At the bottom was the station that crashed, leaving all these people dead.

Murphy shook his head. "Rough landing." He muttered out.

Diana looked from the station to Murphy to the countless bodies of people she used to know and live with. "There's nothing we can do for them." Bellamy spoke up as Finn nodded, backing away. "We gotta go."

Everyone had began to make their way back on track when they heard the echos of a woman whimpering in pain. "Did you guys hear that?" Murphy questioned, looking behind him.

Diana nodded, inching toward the edge, she looked down when she heard the voice calling for help. She spotted the girl, hanging off a branch with maybe a few inches of foot room. "Found her." Diana called to the group, who slowly moved to the edge to see that she was right. "How the hell did she get down there?" Diana slowly crouched down to get a better look.

"Hey! Up here!" Bellamy called down to the shaking girl, her neck craning to see who had finally shown up to help.

"Please help me!" She shouted out, her quivered tone indicated how truly scared she was. That's when Diana noticed the familiarity of the voice.

"Oh god." Diana stood, and took a step back. "Mel?" She whispered, just under her breath. Diana knew the girl back on The Ark, she had dated Isaac for a almost a year when she broke things off. The two girls were good friends and Diana knew just how much Isaac had cared for Mel, they were both from Factory Station, that's how they had met. His parents, now among the deceased that surrounded them, she felt sick thinking of his parents, that this was how they died. Without even a chance to say goodbye.

"What did you say?" Sterling grabbed Diana's shoulder, snapping her out of her thoughts, her eyes landed on his hand before pulling away from his grip. He shook his head, looking again to make sure he heard what he thought he heard. "Mel?" Sterling exclaimed, worry evident in the small yell of endangered girl's name.