[20]

When Diana woke her throat was dry and it hurt, her vision was blurry as was her mind but when she finally came to her senses she was very relieved to see Octavia in the drop ship

When Diana woke her throat was dry and it hurt, her vision was blurry as was her mind but when she finally came to her senses she was very relieved to see Octavia in the drop ship. Octavia was assisting Finn, Murphy and Isaac tend to the sick. Diana wondered how they hadn't gotten ill from being in here. The girl went to say something but no sound came, her throat was parched and scratchy. Murphy turned to see that Diana had woken up, he filled a cup with water and carried it over to her. "Drink this." He said, crouching down next to her as he held out the cup.

Diana kicked at the boy. "Go to hell, John." She croaked at him, he was the one who got his infected blood all over her face. Even if she did want nothing more than to drink the water he offered, she didn't want his help, she didn't need help. Diana Kane was not a helpless person, she could do things on her own. So she weakly pushed herself to her feet, staggering forward.

"Diana, wait. Just sit down." Murphy grabbed her arm, Isaac turned around after hearing his best friend's name.

The tall boy quickly made his way over to the pair, removing Murphy's hand from Diana's arm. "Sit down." Isaac instructed. "Octavia, can I get some water over here?" Octavia directed her attention away from a sick girl on the floor, seeing Diana awake filling her with relief and a pang of guilt.

Quick on her feet, Octavia filled a cup with water and was at Diana's side. "Hey." She placed the cup in the other's hand, wrapping her fingers around it. "Drink it, all of it." Diana sipped at the water, her eyes closing as she gulped it down. "I got this Isaac." Octavia waved him away and sat across from Diana.

The brunette coughed into her arm, placing the empty cup next to her feet. Her brown eyes focusing on Octavia. "Where have you been?" She questioned.

Octavia shook her head. "What are you talking about?" She asked, playing dumb. She has no idea how Diana would react if she were to find out about her secret meeting with Lincoln.

"I haven't seen you since we left to the crash site. When we came back Connor said you were the first one to get to Murphy." Diana explained, watching Octavia's face for any signs of vulnerability, signs that she was right and Octavia was lying. "Isaac and Bellamy went to get you, but- but I didn't see you. Well, I thought I saw you leaving." She said, thinking for a minute before shaking her head as if trying to clear her messy thoughts.

"I was here the whole time Diana." Octavia told the girl, looking into her brown eyes, lacing their fingers together before scooting against the wall, their shoulders touching. "You trust me don't you?" Although Octavia knew she was lying, she only wanted Diana's trust. Diana didn't trust anyone but Isaac and now she was slowly opening up to Octavia, she wanted to put her trust into Octavia so she nodded.

"Of course Butterfly, I trust you." Diana squeezed Octavia's hand weakly, to which she squeezed back. They sat like that for a while. Occasionally Diana would make a joke about Bellamy or how weird Jasper and Monty are to lighten the mood. Isaac would come over to bring them both some water. Diana's eyes travelled with Isaac as he hovered around Clarke, ever since they landed on the ground it was like the pair were drifting apart. Diana didn't want that, she didn't want to lose Isaac, he was her person. "You talk to Isaac sometimes, right?" Diana asked Octavia, directing her attention toward the girl.

"Yeah, sometimes." Octavia answered, looking at Diana then Isaac. "Why?"

"He talk about Clarke?"

Octavia shook her head, recalling the few conversations she had with the boy. "No." She answered. "We mostly talk about you actually." It made sense to Diana, her best friend and her girlfriend - well Diana wasn't sure if that's what they were, the girls had only had one real kiss on Unity Day.

Diana looked at the entrance of the dropship, it was dark outside, an idea came to her mind. "Can we go outside?" She asked the girl beside her.

"Why?"

A sheepish smile adorned Diana's face, feeling utterly cliché. "I want to watch the sunrise." She watched a smirk pull at Octavia's lips. The green eyed girl got to her feet then helped Diana get up as well. Before they could even exit the ship, Bellamy weakly stumbled in, Diana immediately removed her hand from the other girl's.

"Bell? No." Worry took over Octavia as she saw her brother, sick as a dog, drag himself into the ship. "Clear some space, lay him down." She ordered a couple random delinquents who cleared a cot for the man, they laid him down and Octavia was quickly on her knees next to him. Bellamy began coughing, his sister turned him on his side as he spat up blood. Octavia grabbed a rag and wiped his mouth with it. "Hey, big brother." She said as he opened his eyes and looked up at her.

Bellamy gripped his sister's hand tightly. "I'm scared." He whimpered. Diana warily watched Octavia, the girl's green eyes looking over the sick man. 

Octavia nodded, running a hand through Bellamy's dirty hair. "I won't let anything happen to you, I promise."

"That's what I said to you the day you were born." Bellamy weakly told her.

Octavia smiled softly at him. "I know." She continued soothing him by combing her fingers through his hair. "You told me that, like, a thousand times." Bellamy nodded, trying to keep his eyes open.

"I'm glad you're here." He said weakly.

"Just get some rest now, okay?" His head lulled to the side, no longer fighting the sleep that pulled him in. Octavia looked up at Diana. "I'm sorry-"

Diana cut her off, shaking her head. "It's okay, he's your brother. Take care of him." She left the two and went to sit next to Isaac. "How are you doing?" She asked him.

Isaac rested his head against Diana's shoulder, she rested her's against his. "It's been a long night. You feeling better?" He questioned.

"Yeah, I'm feeling better. How's Clarke?"  Isaac's eyes shifted toward the blonde girl laying in a hammock. She was weak, he had never seen her so vulnerable.

He didn't know how he had come to care so much about Clarke Griffin but he did. "She, well I think, she's getting better. I'm not sure, it's not like I'm a doctor." Diana held his hand. "I love you, ya know? I'm glad you're okay, you had me worried for a bit."

"I love you too, you're going soft Cooper." She chuckled lightly, moments like these were the ones she wished would last forever.

"Yeah." Isaac agreed with his best friend. "But so are you."

---

A/N

oh buddy.
big things are coming, hope you're ready.

anyway, i hope everyone is staying safe and staying home. practice social distancing and wash your hands. <3