𝟴

chapter 8

It's been 11 days since Caroline got to New Orleans. She and the rest of the crew were out getting celebratory drinks after a particularly grueling rehearsal. Which was really just code for her wanting to spend time with Klaus.

God that's a sentence I never thought I'd say.

Caroline currently sat with Klaus at a small table, each had a glass of bourbon.

"I don't know. I feel like the play could be better if freaking Carlos practiced more. Like dang, it's not that hard!" Caroline ranted. She'd been going on for about 5 minutes and Klaus was simply gazing at her and engaging her. He hung on every word she said.

"Love I think you should give the man a break, not all of us are professionals like you." He mused, breaking her long rant.

A blush spread up to the tips of her ears and an embarrassed smile was laid upon her face, "pfft I'm not a professional. I'm not even that good."  She laughed awkwardly as he slid his hand upon her and grabbed it feather-light.

"don't downplay your successes for other's benefits." He spoke with such a pearl of knowledgeable wisdom that Caroline felt captivated.

"Anyhow if we're talking about awful actors why not bring up how Cecilia is so interested in you and doesn't even try to hide it," Caroline said with a sprite of jealousy.

"Love you know I only fancy you." He said, his accent showing with the word choice.

"Well, I better get home," Caroline said embarrassed, walking to the door before being stopped by Klaus.

"Would you like me to accompany you?" Klaus asked.

"Yeah, sure!"