INFERNO

1693

"Where the hell is she?" one of the men carrying a torch angrily asked.

"She couldn't have gone to far sire," another man said, carrying a pitch fork.

"I want you all to search every single inch of this place," the man said, "Immediately!"

The group of 5 to 8, middle aged men scattered around the inside of the cottage filled with both rage and anxiousness.

Under the bed hid a young girl around the age of 16. Her entire body was trembling in immense fear. She tried her hardest to stay as still a brick and as quiet as a mouse. She knew that if she made even the most subtle of noise, it was over for her.

"There's no sign of her anywhere," one of the men said.

"Check under the bed," the man carrying a torch said.

2 of the men slowly made their way to the bed. Every step they took the floor creaked. Every time the floor creaked the faster the young girl's heart continued to beat.

One of the men steadily got down on his knees and lifted up the bed covers, revealing the hidden girl.

"We found her sire!" he triumphantly exclaimed, "We found the witch!"

The two men dragged the frightened, young girl out of her hiding place, tied her arms together with a tight rope, and took her to where she will meet her ultimate fate. Burn at the steak.

Crowds of people gathered around, eager to watch the girl burn to a crisp.

The men tied her up. The young girl knew that there was no use in trying to escape. It was too late. Her time in this world was up.

"Burn the witch!" the crowd chanted, "Burn the witch!"

The priest of the Catholic Church rose up his hand, signaling everyone to settle down. A wave of silence flooded the area.

"We are all gathered here today to witness an act of justice take place," the priest announced, "This woman has been charged with numerous accusations of witchcraft."

The 16 year old girl felt a tear run down her cheek, landing on her white colored gown.

"Tonight, she shall pay the ultimate price," the priest announced, "Any last words?"

All eyes shifted from the priest and onto the accused girl. With an expression of anger on her face, she looked the priest in the eye and proceeded on to say,

"I HEARBY CURSE THIS ENTIRE VILLAGE!" she cried out, "MAY YOU ALL BE DAMNED AND SPEND AN ETERNITY BURNING IN THE DEEP PITS OF THE UNDERWORLD. MY BLOOD AND THE BLOOD OF HUNDREDS OF OTHER INNOCENT GIRLS ARE ON YOUR HANDS!"

"Burn the witch!" the crowds yelled out, "Burn the witch!"

"Burn the witch!" the Priest commanded.

A middle aged man threw a lit torch onto the pile of wood the young girl was standing on, lighting it on fire. The crowds of people cheered as they watched her engulfed in flames.

Her screams of pain and suffering could be heard from miles away, yards away, feet away, inches away, until eventually her screams were no more. For she had burned to a crisp.

An innocent life taken away, and she most certainly wouldn't be the last.

Present Day

Roseanne

For the past couple days all I could think about was the boy who moved in next door. Jungkook.