A New Plan

Lucy POV

I am walking back to my team when I sense a friendly tiger around the corner.

"Sting, come out," I said.

"Dang, you caught me," Sting replied as he peeked out of the corner.

"Shouldn't you be watching the games?"

"I just wanted to congratulate you on your win."

"Thank you! Are switching side," I giggle and say the last part jokingly.

"Don't get me wrong, m'lady could've won the whole challenge from the beginning," he retorted.

"I was only joking. I know she was holding back," I replied.

"Oh, sorry. I am not saying that you don't deserve this win," he corrected, thinking I took it the wrong way. He blushes, "You were amazing!" He chuckles and places his hand behind his head, as a nervous gesture.

There he goes again, showing me his nice side. I know he changed but he still has his kindness. Oh, looks like I have another dragon visiting me.

"Luce! There you are," Natsu said as he saw me.

Sting's face darted towards Natsu and both of them locked eyes. This might be bad if I don't get them separated.

"Yea, I am! Sorry to make you worry," I said but the boys kept staring at each other, almost like they were speaking with their eyes.

"Well, it was nice talking to you Sting," I said and Sting broke eye contact and looked at me. Was he jealous? Awwww that's adorable. 

"Yea, it was. I'll see ya later," he said and walked away.

"Let's go Natsu," I exclaimed, pulling Natsu to the direction of our Team.

We continued to walk in silence when he said, "I could get used to this."

I looked at him in confusion. "What do you mean?"

He raised his hand, making my hand also go up. I realized that I was still holding his wrist. I looked up at his face and saw a smirk. I smiled back and said, "Well if you weren't throwing daggers with your eyes, then maybe I wouldn't have to hold your hand."

"I was not," he pouted. We just made it to Gray, Erza, and Wendy, when Wendy leaped on me, making me release Natsu's wrist to hold Wendy off from making me stumble to the ground.

"That was so amazing, Lucy," she exclaimed excitedly. I hugged her back after I regained my balance.

"That really was," Gray commented.

"You made our team proud," Erza exclaimed proudly!

"Thanks, guys," I replied.

"Now for our current standings! In 6th place we have Quatro Puppies with 15 points, 5th place we have Blue Pegasus with 20 points, we have a tie between Lamia Scale and Mermaid Heel with 34 points in 4th, 3rd place we have Fairytail B with 40 points, 2nd place we have Sabertooth with 43 points, and in first place we have... Fairytail Team A with 47 points," Chapati announced!

Everyone in the stands is praising the current standings, and all the guilds join them.

"We request that everyone take a break until the next fight, and I would kindly like to request that Fairytail's Master, please come to the announcements room," Chapati said.

We all looked in the stands where Master was sitting. I wonder what they need him for.

After some time, Warren uses his Telepathy to call all of the teams to the Medical Room for a meeting. We were all confused but complied with the request. When we arrived, the other team was already there, and we meet Master and Porlyusica sitting in a chair.

"That makes both of our teams present," Master said. "You both are wondering what the meeting was about. Due to the disqualification of Team Raven Tail, the games committee can't pair up the fighters of the battle portions due to the odd number of teams; thus Fairy Tail must merge into one team for the rest of the competition."

"What about the points we received," I questioned.

"About that... it was decided that only Team B points would be used, which means Fairy Tail is in 2nd place, while Sabertooth takes 1st place."

"What?! That's not fair! We earned those points by winning them fairly," Gray complained.

"That is true, but we are to follow with the regulations without arguing," Master instructed, "But that isn't something we need to worry about because we will easily get the points needed to get back on the top. The question in hand is our New Team."

"After a day's break, the last day will have a game where all five members can compete at once, so the new team needs to be chosen carefully," Porlyusica said.

"With that in mind, I have decided that the new team will consist of Erza, Laxus, Natsu, Gajeel, and Gray," Master announced, "And as for you, Lucy, I have something special for you to do."

All eyes were on me. "Something special," I said in a questioning manner.

"Upon request of Jellal, you are asked to help find the source of Zeref's energy that he felt through the years. He will meet you outside of the arena," he replied.

"I'll do my best," I responded confidently.

I could feel Natsu's eyes on me over anyone else's gaze. Even after we were dismissed, Natsu kept looking at me. I was talking with Erza, but I was too distracted by the dragon's intense stare.

"Hey Erza, can I burrow Lucy for a second? I'll catch up with you guys," Natsu said. I stopped in my tracks and looked at Natsu.

Erza said, "Uh, sure, but make it quick. They're about to announce our new team."

"Got it," he replied.

We waited until everyone was out of sight. He turned me around with his hand around my waist and brought me closer to him. Pulling me into a hug, he placed his chin on my shoulders. My arms went around his waist and he tightened his hug.

"Please don't take this the wrong way, but I think you should say no to Jellal's request," he said, as his breath tickled my neck.

"I figured you were going to say that. I am not going to be attacked. Plus, I am safer not participating in the games. I am sure Minerva would kill me," I replied.

He sighed. He pulled away from me and looked me in the eyes. He said, "Okay. I don't know about the last part, but just be safe. I love you, Luce."

"I love you too, Flame brain. Now go! Everyone is waiting on you," I responded.

He smiled and ran to join the rest of the team.

As I was walking out of the stadium, I could hear Chapati announce, "OHHHHHH THIS IS GETTING FUN! Everyone, I have a huge surprise for you! Join me in welcoming the new Fairy Tail Team!" The crowd's cheers start to get lower and lower as I get farther from the arena.

I have a bad feeling about this. And I was right. Bad things did happen. 'An entire kingdom destroyed' type of bad.