Luce? Dad?

Lucy POV

"Gray, I don't think it's your place to ask that," Erza said as she saw my conflicted expression.

"I think I'll go get a milkshake. Be right back," I said trying to get away from the awkward atmosphere.

Don't get me wrong Gray, I want to know where Natsu is, but I am sure he wouldn't even care. I am weak after all. He just saw me as a replacement. I want to see him. I want to hug him. I want to share a smile with him.

"Here you go, Lucy," Mira said as she handed me a Strawberry milkshake.

"Thanks," is all I said and walked over to the table.

As I was walking, I think I heard someone say my name, but almost everyone was yelling my name, so I didn't give it much attention. At the table, Wendy, Carla, Juvia, and Gajeal, had left, probably they went home. Erza was still talking to Gray and Happy was munching on his fish, like always. Reminds me of the good time, but we're missing Natsu.

Suddenly someone grabbed my wrist. I turned around to gaze at onyx eyes.

Natsu, your onyx eyes remind me so much of the good times I had with you, but you had to say that and ruin everything.

"Luce, you're back," he said. Through my peripheral vision, I could see Erza and Gray stare at me for a reaction.

"Let go, Natsu," I hissed. I saw Erza get up and was about to take action, but Gray stopped her.

"Luc-," before he could continue, I said, "DON'T you dare call me 'Luce' You lost that right."

His grip loosened for a second and I took that opportunity and freed myself from his grip.

I started to walk out of the guild. No one but Erza, Happy, and Gray, witnessed what happened. Everyone was still enjoying the party.

He had the nerve to do that! I am not even ready to see him, but he still... he still came up to me. Why? I can't! I can't convivence myself into going back to the way things were. No matter what his reason, he still hurt me.

I just continued to walk, without realizing that I had walked to my old apartment. I stood there for a minute and just walked away.

"Lucy, so you did come back," I turned around to see my old landlady. She had a concerned look in her eyes.

"Oh, sorry I didn't tell you about me leaving," I apologized.

"Come with me," is all she said as she leads me to my old apartment. She opened the door and I saw everything was just as I left it, but there were presents everywhere. "They are for you. Every year on the same day, there were presents delivered here. They're all from your father."

The last part took me by surprise. He remembered. It's been 8 years, I should probably go catch up with him.

There were 8 letters. I should only have 7 letters. My birthday hasn't come yet. I read each letter, tears rolling down my eyes. Every letter was filled with genuine concern and he also heard from the guild that I had left, but he kept sending gifts and letters. He was doing great at work and he would miss both mom and I every day.

I was full out bawling my eyes out, so I hesitated to open the last letter. It was more of a legal document than the other letters. I scanned through it and I fell to my knees. I just cried louder and louder.

Dad! I can't believe this. I spent my time trying to get stronger and focusing on myself, that I never realized that my dad would be suffering. Now I can't even enjoy talking to him.

The letter was about my inheritance. Jude Heartfillia had passed away and all of his earning and property was given to me.

The door opened and saw Erza enter.

"Your landlady came by and said that she would need somebody right now. She told us what happened. I am sorry Lucy," Erza said as she rushed towards me hugged me. I noticed that here armor was gone.

I just cried I her arms for about 30 minutes. I stopped sobbing and she said, "Lucy, it must be really hard for you. After you finally came back, you had to experience this. Your landlady said that your rent has been paid for and that you could continue to live here. But first of all, are you okay?"

I nodded and after Erza was sure that I was okay, decided to leave. I laid in my bed, recalling everything that had happened today, and I slowly dozed off to sleep.

I woke up to someone banging on my door. "Lucy! Wake up! Master is about to make an important announcement, hurry up!" I staggered to the door, still half asleep, to see Gray and Erza.

I invited them in and quickly got cleaned up. I put my hair up into a ponytail and wore a blue and white shirt with a matching skirt. I put on my belt with my keys at my waist. I put on brown boots and met Erza and Gray in the living room.

"Let's get going," Gray said as he opened the door.

As I approached the guild doors, I remembered last night's mess with Natsu. This is going to be really weird. All I need to do is keep my composure, and not let my desires get in the way. After all, he deserves this.

"Looks like everyone is here! As you already know, the guild has experienced much humiliation while we were gone, but they remained strong and kept fighting. My children have wept many times, and now it's our time to return as the number 1 guild in Fiore," Master motivated.

Screams of, "Yeah," filled the whole guild.

"In order to do that we will be participating in the Grand Magic Games! However, we need to pick members that will represent our guild. So far we have Natsu, Erza, Gray, and Wendy. We still need to pick one more person to represent our guild. There were three recommendations. Max, a strong and capable sand magic user. Last but not least, Lucy!"

Everyone was cheering and talking amongst themselves.

"Let me finish you numbskulls," master yelled and everyone went quiet. "To pick on or the other is a very difficult choice. So on the recommendation of Erza, I have decided to have a fight off with Lucy and Max!"