It's Time

Lucy POV

"She will never join Sabertooth! She is part of our family and I will never let go of my Luce," Natsu yells.

His Luce? What the hell?!

I see Natsu and Sting glare at each other and I know far too well what was going to happen if I didn't stop this right now.

"Sting, it was nice of you to give that offer, but I'll happily choose Fairytail any day," I proudly say.

From the corner of my eye, I can see Natsu smirk, so I glared at Natsu and said, "You shouldn't have followed me here. Sting, it was nice to catch up, but remember Fairytail will win this! Good night Sting and Lector!"

With that, I grabbed Natsu by his hand and dragged him out of the restaurant. After we exited, I let go of his hand and I continued walking with Natsu right on my trail.

Natsu said, "Luce?"

I didn't say anything.

"Luce?! Please listen to me."

I didn't say anything again.

"Luce?! I am begging you please listen to me!"

I kept silent.

"If you're not going to listen, then I'll make you listen." With that, he picked me up and started to run the opposite direction of our lodge. I struggled to get out of his grip, but he overpowered me and I just gave up.

It's somewhat safe being in his arms. I hate that I am enjoying this, but at the same time, it's warm.

I finally spoke up, "Natsu, where are you taking me?"

He doesn't say anything. I guess I deserve that.

After a few minutes of him running, he stopped and let's me down. I looked around to find that we were in the Royal Garden.

"Luce, I have something to tell you," Natsu said.

"Fine, what is it?!"

"I am sorry for what I said back then."

"Sor-," I try to speak but he covers my mouth with his hands and says, "Let me finish."

"I am not really good with words, so bear with me here. After you left, my life changed. I realized that I not only lost you, but I also lost a part of me, if that makes any sense. Master told us to not look for you after you left the guild, because it was Loke's request. I am sorry for treating you like you were nothing after Lisanna returned. Please forgive me, Luce. I just can't do this anymore. You make me happy and I hated every part of not being with you."

I was speechless. We stared into each other's eyes. I could see a genuine apology in his eyes. He had some hope left, but I just couldn't respond to what he said to me. Thus, I did the next best thing and casted Star Glider and a golden star appeared below me, taking me to the skies. Strategic Withdraw

I saw Natsu from above, who just stood there, with a down casted expression.

I flew to the lodge. As I was entering the room, the lights turn on and I see Erza ready to kill me.

 As I was entering the room, the lights turn on and I see Erza ready to kill me

"Where were you?!"

"Erza, I-I was with Natsu," I replied.

"Well duh, but you do realize that it's time for you to go to bed, right? And speaking of Natsu, where is he?"

That's when I drown in guilt for just leaving him there, without saying anything.

"Erza before you kill me, I have a few questions for you. But can we go outside really quickly? Gray is sleeping and I rather not wake him up," I request Erza.

She nods and we step outside to the balcony.

"So what's your question?"

"It's about Natsu. What happened after I left the guild? To him."

"Uh, well if you're asking after talking to him, I assume he already told you about his part. But it was like he just changed. For the first time in forever, I saw Natsu depressed. It looked like he lost something really important to him. After Master told him to not look for you, he stayed at your house for days. He paid your rent and made sure everything was clean. He was devasted. We finally convinced him to come out and try to regain himself, but he kept blaming himself for you leaving, but we were all equally to blame. Truth be told, I thought it was a joke, and I should've done something about it. And I know it was wrong of us to joke around like that," Erza said.

"We all forgave him, but he never forgave himself. He missed you dearly and he always remembered you," Gray, who apparently was at the door of the balcony, said.

Why are so many people in my life eavesdroppers?!?!?!?!!? I need to set some ground rules!!

"Well speak of the devil, here he comes now, why don't we all head inside and go to bed," Erza recommend.

We all got into our beds before Natsu walked into the lodge.

Natsu, I am still very conflicted on what to do.