Spoke Through Their Eyes

3rd Person POV

"I'll make sure she's okay and cured so she can participate in the games," Porlyusica said, "Now go you misfits, and go win this for Fairytail!"

After leaving the infirmary, everyone started to walk to their gate.

"Whoever did that to Wendy, will pay dearly," Erza alleged.

"Of course, but we still need to concentrate on the games. I personally believe it's someone who is participating in the games. Maybe they wanted to eliminate us before the games even started. Let's just keep an eye out for anyone that we think would look suspicious." Lucy advised.

"Yeah," everyone said.

After they arrived at their gate, the announcer Chapati Lola started his announcements.

"It's about time to see which teams passed the preliminary rounds! But let's introduce our other commentators. We have Yajima, an ex-member of the Magic Council and Jenny Rearlight of Blue Pegasus, AKA Miss. Fiore!!"

"Without further a due let's introduce the teams' placements according to the Preliminarily round's results. There was a tie, so the team placements will be followed by 7th place. In 7th place we have... Team Quatro Cerberus!!! In 6th place we have... Team Mermaid Heel, an all-female guild!! Fifth place in the preliminaries was taken by Blue Pegasus' Trimens and one new member in a bunny suit. Fourth place was achieved by Team Lamia Scale. The next team is the surprisingly newly legitimate guild; preliminary third place Team Raven Tail!!! 2nd place is Fairytail Team B!! Looks like the crowd didn't enjoy that one! Now let us proceed to the two teams that tied!! The first-place teams are... Sabertooth and... Fairytail Team A!!!"

The crowd cheered and after hearing Fairytail's name they were highly confused.

"Let me clarify. According to the edited rules for this year's Grand Magic Games, a guild is allowed to have two guilds. Fariytail took this rule to advantage and added two teams whom both made it through the preliminary rounds. Fairytail Team A arrived at another goal the same time Sabertooth did. This was truly a surprise, but here are the recaps of the winning teams!"

Lacrimas spread throughout the whole arena and there were scenes from each guild's play in the preliminary round. The crowd started to cheer louder and Chapati Lola says, "Now let's begin today's games! All teams, please report to your designated locations."

As the Fairytail Team A was leaving, Sting said, "Looks like luck was on your side this time, but you'll be eating our dust, you Pixies!"

Lucy stopped walking and turned around. There was a smile on her face, and her eyes spoke volumes to Sting. His posture dropped, and his eyes softened towards Lucy. He felt something in her eyes, but it was different. Lucy turned around and joined her team and Sting stood there for a few seconds, mesmerized by Lucy's presence. Rouge tapped his shoulder and Sting snapped out of it and joined his team.

"Now! Let's begin round 1," Chapati Lola exclaims.

The program of the tournament is announced, with the first round being an event, followed by a battle. As per the rules, the teams will earn points depending on how they place in the event, and each team may choose one member to compete. In the battles, the sponsors will have a right to choose fighting pairs, the losing fighter earning 0 points whilst the winner gets 10; 5 each in the case of a draw.

The first game is announced to start and each team must choose one member to participate; from Team Mermaid Heel, Beth is selected while Jäger represents Team Quatro Cerberus. Nullpudding from Raven Tail goes in, whilst Team Blue Pegasus sends out Eve. From Sabertooth, Rufus offers to go while Lyon chooses to represent Lamia Scale, causing Gray to step up for Team Fairy Tail A and subsequently Juvia for the Team Fairy Tail B.

The surprise event was truly a turn of events. Gray was attacked by Nullpudding, and in the end, Rufus destroys everyone easily with his memory maker magic. The surprise event comes to an end and Chapati Lola says "That was a very close game!! The rankings are... the team that was number one a minute ago is now in last place with 0 points, Fairytail Team A. 7th place is Fairytail Team B with 1 point."

"Exactly where they belong! BOOOOOO Fairytail," the crowd exclaimed. Juvia and Gray look towards the ground, with their hair guarding their eyes.

"Well, that wasn't the best response. 6th place is Quatro Cerberus with 2 points. 5th place is Mermaid Heel with 3 points. 4th place to Blue Pegasus with 4 points. 3rd place goes to Lamia Scale with 6 points. 2nd place to Raven Tail with 8 points. And 1st place goes to Sabertooth with 10 points!!"

"Let's go Sabertooth!!! You're amazing!!!!" The crowd went crazy hearing the rankings.

All the participants started to head back.

"Let us continue the games with a one on one battle. To start us off, let's call up Flare Corona of Raventail and Lucy Heartfilia of Fairytail!!"

"Show them hell Raventail!! Show them their place," the crowd yelled.