Chapter 15 (B): A Much Needed Talk

I own nothing
Chapter 15: Speaking Our Mind
(Y/N) was curled up tiredly in his bed, his full belly only pushing him further towards unconsciousness. After the craziness that was his meeting with the White Fang leader the other day (which he still hadn't told Blake about), the little dragon was completely exhausted, and after seeing him yawning throughout the entirety of dinner, Kali had immediately sent him to rest after, not allowing him to help clean. Luckily for him, everyone believed he was simply still drained from the long boat ride and the new environment. As (Y/N) chased sleep, he heard arguing outside and what sounded like slapping.
"No concept of privacy, no respect for personal space!" Blake growled. She could only be scolding Sun the boy thought. The monkey faunus argued back just to prove him right.
"I'm sorry okay! Ow! I'm sorry!"
"Ugh!" He heard Blake storm off. (Y/N) gritted his teeth and tried blocking the sound out with his pillow, but his finely tuned ears still heard Sun.
"Look, I promise it was important!" Sun insisted. "I needed to find you to talk to you!"
"What Sun?" Blake angrily inquired. "What could be so important?"
"I was talking to your mom and she said something weird about the White Fang!"
"I'm stopping you right there,"
"But...,"
"I told you, I'm not here to fight the White Fang, I'm not here to fight anyone! I'm here to rest, to figure things out, to see my family, and to protect (Y/N),"
"She'd kill me if she found out about me meeting Sienna," (Y/N) thought to himself grimly as Sun finally cut back in.
"Your mom said White Fang members don't wear masks in Menagerie, but I saw one at the market yesterday! I even got a picture!"
"Sun..."
"Look, I'm trying to help!"
"I don't WANT your help!" The small dragon finally had enough, being very grumpy at not be able to sleep, and marched to the door, sliding it open while Sun was aggressively growling at Blake. The teens looked at the boy in surprise.
"(Y/N) you should be asleep!" Blake said. Her brother pouted.
"I would be but you guys are so noisy! Please, can you fight somewhere else?"
"I'm not trying to fight!" Sun insisted, still trying to shove his scroll in Blake's face. "I'm trying to help your sister! Maybe you could convince her to take this seriously!" Blake glared at Sun.
"Don't you drag him into this! And will you just knock it off!?" She knocked the scroll from his hand and into the trees. The 2 would've likely continued fighting, if not for the groan which caught the attention of all 3 faunus immediately. The teens glared into the tree line.
"(Y/N)?" Blake asked. The boy nodded and switched to soul sight, seeing a familiar soul hidden in the palms. He pointed.
"There!" The teens squinted and caught sight of a completely black figure wearing the White Fang mask. Blake gasped and the intruder leapt away to escape.
"A freakin' ninja!?" Sun exclaimed while Blake ran to the railing.
"A spy!"
"But why would-," Blake cut him off as she plunged into the trees after the spy. "Hey, wait!" Kali rounded the corner.
"What's happened?" She asked worried.
"The White Fang is evil, I totally called it, and I'm bringing your daughter back!" Sun quickly explained before point at (Y/N). "(Y/N) stay here!"
"What!? I can help!" Sun didn't listen and instead charged after Blake. (Y/N) prepared to take off after them, only for Kali to step in front of him.
"Don't even think about it young man!"
"But I have to help them!" He insisted. The cat faunus shook her head.
"Absolutely not, it's too dangerous! I can't let you go running off after them!"
"I've fought scarier stuff than the White Fang! I'm strong, I can fight!" Kali grabbed (Y/N).
"(Y/N) please. You're just a little boy. You shouldn't be anywhere near the fighting. Please, for my sake and Blake's, stay here where it's safe," (Y/N)'s tail lashed violently, a sure sign he was very agitated, but he didn't try to argue with Kali. It was clear on her face she wasn't letting him go anywhere. Instead, he marched back into his room, shut the door, sat down, and pouted. He didn't feel like sleeping anymore. Some time passed and eventually Ghira came into his room, looking worried. (Y/N) looked up at him.
"Are Blake and Sun back yet?" The older male nodded.
"Yes, but..."
"But?"
"Sun was hurt badly in the fight. The spy managed to stab him before escaping," (y/N)'s eyes widened.
"Is he okay!?"
"He'll be fine. We've already patched him up," (Y/N) shot up.
"I need to see him!"
"He's unconscious in my office right not. You're sister is in there with him and I think she'll need the company," the small dragon nodded and took off. He eventually came to outside entrance and ran into the office. Blake was sitting on a chair while Sun was lying on the couch, a very visible gauze on his shoulder that had fresh blood on it.
"Blake!" He said urgently. She snapped out of her stupor and raced over to hug him, tears in her eyes.
"Thank you for staying put! I don't want to think what she would've done if you'd followed us!" (Y/N) returned the hug.
"I mean, Sun told me to stay and your mom wouldn't let me leave so I really didn't have much choice. What happened?" Blake gripped him tighter.
"Another ghost,"
"Illia," (Y/N) thought as Blake held him at arm's length.
"(Y/N), from now on, I want you to stay here. It's too dangerous for you to go out. Promise me,"
"But,"
"Promise!" He nodded weakly as Blake hugged him again. The 2 waited in silence for Sun to wake up. By the time he did, it was already morning. He groaned, sitting up. He looked over at them.
"Blake?" She had her head down.
"This...is why Sun. This is why I left them all behind,"
"What are you...Wait, where am I?" (Y/N) peeked his head up from behind the couch, startling him.
"The Belladonna House. You got stabbed," Blake walked over to them.
"I am done seeing my friends hurt because of me,"
"Blake,"
"Shut up! Do you think I like being alone? Every day...every day I think about them! Ruby, Weiss, Yang...they were my friends! I loved them like I never thought I could love anybody, and I hope they hate me for leaving,"
"You don't mean that,"
"Yes I do!"
"You're lying!" (Y/N) finally yelled. "You don't want them to hate! You want to see them again!"
"It's not that simple (Y/N)! Everyone thinks they can help me, but they can't!"
"Yes they can!" The dragon shot back, jumping on the ledge of the couch to look her in the eye. "It is that simple if you just let us help! If you'd let everyone help!" Blake pushed her face into his.
"It isn't! You didn't see Illia last night and she's not even the worst! No," she sat back down. "No more. They're better off without me. I made my choices and I'll deal with the consequences because they belong to me,"
"You... you are so selfish!" (Y/N) screamed at her before storming out in frustration, much to Blake's surprise. Outside, (Y/N) let out a loud roar and punched the wall.
"There are better ways to ease aggression," a voice said behind him. He jumped and turned to see Kali and Ghira standing there. He instinctively curled his tail around his ankle in embarrassment.
"Oh...sorry," Kali smiled after him.
"Lien for your thoughts?" He groaned.
"It's just...why can't Blake see we just want to help her! Sun and I want to fight, but she keeps us from helping! Why!?" Ghira sighed.
"Blake feels responsible for what's happen. She just doesn't want to see you or the rest of her friends get hurt,"
"Well she's hurting us anyways by pushing us away! If she got hurt and we didn't do anything, how would we feel!? I'm tired of being protected. I want to fight, I want to help!"
"I know you do (Y/N)," Ghira assured. "And Blake knows that as well, but-,"
"No," He said, cutting the chieftain off. "If it's her choice to run, then it's my choice to fight,"
"Seems Sun has the same idea as you," Kali said as she was leaning into the door to listen in on Blake and Sun, only for the door to fall over. Ghira and (Y/N) glanced down at her as she shot back up with a bashful look.
"Oh! Oh dear, would you look at that, he's awake! Thank goodness!" Ghira covered his face with his hand.
"Kali, please,"
"Mom!" Blake said angrily.
"Hey Mrs B," Sun greeted as Blake got up.
"What are you doing!?"
"Well, sweetheart, your father needed to speak with the 3 of you,"
"Huh?"
Ghira walked up to the table with everyone behind him. He laid the scroll out on it.
"I'm afraid you were right to be suspicious,"
"What do you mean?" Blake asked. She was sitting down with (Y/N) and Sun on either side of her.
"Adam Taurus is planning to overthrow the leader of the White Fang and stage a full-scale attack on Haven Academy. It would be the Fall of Beacon all over again," (Y/N) rubbed his arm nervously. He hoped Sienna had taken his warning seriously.
"Not if we destroy the White Fang once and for all," Sun chimed in.
"No," Blake retorted. "We're not going to destroy the White Fang. We're going to take it back,"
(Timeskip)
After the discussion on what to do next, (Y/N) was left to gaze out a window in the library. Blake still didn't want him leaving the house and they still hadn't talked about his little outburst. Hearing a knock on the door, he leaned his head back to see Blake waking in.
"Can I come in?" (Y/N) shrugged.
"It's your house,"
"I guess you're right," she sat down. "You know we have to talk about what happened,"
"I thought Sun made it clear,"
"No, he made how he felt clear, you didn't," (Y/N) gripped the window.
"It hurts alright!" He exclaimed. "It hurts that you didn't trust us to help! It hurt that I had to leave everyone! I-I just want things to be normal again!" Blake looked at him sadly.
"(Y/N), things..,they can never be the way they were. You have to know that,"
"I do! I'm not stupid! I know we'll never be the way we were, but I wish we could be! And yet I also wish you could stop seeing me as the same weak little kid you have to protect!" Blake's eyes widened.
"(Y/N), I don't think you're weak,"
"You don't think I can protect myself, but I can!"
"I just want you safe!"
"Well I'm safest when I'm with you!" He cried. "The only time I've ever felt safe after my parents died is when I was with you guys! Not shoved into some house waiting for you to come back!"
"I know it's frustrating and I know I haven't been fair to you. (Y/N), I am sorry I made you feel like you were weak. I don't think that for a moment. You are one of if not the strongest person I have ever met,"
"You mean that?" She smiled.
"Of course I do. Anyone who knows could see that," she hugged him. "And I'm sorry,"
"You already said that,"
"No, I'm sorry I made you make the same mistake I made. I made you think you had to leave Yang and Ruby and Weiss to protect them. I thought bringing you here would keep you safe, but you are right. We're stronger together. Can you forgive me?" He smiled and hugged her back.
"Let's kick Adam's butt so we can see everyone again,"
"Right, let's do it like we should: together,"
Sorry it's short guys, but I wanted to keep it even going into Volume 5. Expect the next chapter soon.