Chapter 29: Ace Operatives and Pomp and Circumstance

I own nothing
Chapter 29: First Mission

Not a few days after arriving in Atlas and being arrested, the entire team (minus Oscar) were being deployed on their first mission with the Ace Ops. Now a few of the older Huntsmen, namely Marrow and Vine, had voiced...concerns with (Y/N) specifically. It seems being the youngest member of the group was again making people underestimate him. Regardless, Ironwood assured them this was a test to gage the boy's abilities to determine the level of training he would receive at the academy after, given he likely wouldn't be allowed on any other missions, much to (Y/N)'s disappointment. To further rub salt in his wounds, Clover assigned him to work with him and Qrow on the mission, which placated the other Ace Ops, but made the boy feel like he was being babysat. Still, he knew better than to argue and risk being left out of the mission. Maybe he could prove to Clover he was fully capable of standing toe to toe with his sisters on the field.
(Y/N) listened closely as the lead Ace Op debriefed them in the main hub of the command center, providing a holographic map for everyone to study.
"All right, gather round. The mission today is to secure the launch site for the Amity Communications tower. The designated area is an abandoned Dust mine. Since it's closure, the Grimm have moved in. Good news is that all that untouched Dust is down there too. Scientists said they'll need it for the first phase of the launch. Atlas military Huntsmen are already hard at work clearing out the surrounding Tundra. Recon has also identified a powerful Geist that's managed to evade destruction... and take several lives. After we increased our numbers, the Geist was smart enough to retreat into the mine itself."
"So it's old?" (Y/N) asked, remembering Weiss's lessons about the Grimm from way back at Beacon.
Clover nodded. "Correct. That means it's extremely dangerous. This is our target." The map then changed to a schematic of mine itself. "The mine was elaborate back in the day. There's all sorts of tunnels and chambers the Geist can move to, so if we want to kill this thing, we'll have to split up and corner it. General Ironwood said you've seen your fair share of combat. I trust that man with my life, which means today, I'm trusting you all too."
Everyone nodded as Pietro walked in to lead them to the lab. Before they left, Clover called out.
"(Y/N)."
The boy looked back as the older male approached him.
"I hope you understand that the hesitation to take you on this mission has nothing to do with our confidence in your abilities. We know what you're capable of, but you're still too young for us to be comfortable to deploy for this level of combat."
(Y/N) looked down. "Yes sir."
Clover half chuckled. "We've all been where you are, eager to prove yourself. You'll get your chance, so today, go all out so it comes sooner."
The dragon paused a bit at the encouragement, before smiling and nodding. Clover dismissed him and he flew to catch up with the rest of the group, arriving right as Pietro led them into the lab.
"Apologies for the mess and for holding out to your weapons for so long. The upgrades you requested were, um, well...they were more than I anticipated." The older gentlemen led them to a set of lockers with one box in each of them. "Your new weapons and armor should be as requested, but I also took the liberty of reviewing your combat footage from the Vital Festival tournament and there are some additional enhancements I would like to suggest. Oh! But for now, these should serve you well enough."
The kids eagerly took their box to look at their new gear. (Y/N)'s gauntlets not only had had the scratches and cracks buffed out, but the blades and switch mechanisms had also been replaced. The old one had been damaged during his fight with Adam, almost shattering like Gambol Shroud, so the new ones had been made with a lighter, but more durable metal, and the gears had been replaced so the switch between the different modes would be a lot faster. There was now an extra chamber for Dust on each gauntlet and a new mechanism meant for locking them together was also added, a new attack that had been suggested by Ruby. (Y/N) equipped them and threw a few punches to get a feel for them. They were even better balanced, though he would have to adjust a bit to the lighter weight.
"Oh, (Y/N)." Pietro said, approaching him with another container. "I didn't have any footage of your combat skills, but Penny and your sisters did fill me in on your combat style. You can call these prototypes for you to try out."
"Thanks Pietro." (Y/N) said, opening the box to find a pair of identical, cylindrical devices that had the Atlas white mechanics to them, and a more simple, long piece of armor with sharp spines.
"You seem to use your wings and tail when you're fighting." The Scientists explained. "Those guards use hard light Dust shields to protect the membranes of your wings and that tail weight will give your strikes a bit more of a kick to them."
(Y/N) slipped on the armored pieces, testing the weight. It felt odd having something covering his dragon parts. He had always thought his scales were all the protection he needed.
"How do I activate the shields?"
"Strike the devices together."
The boy followed the instructions, tapping his wings together. The devices whirled to life as ethereal, hexagonal patterned light covered his wings. It was surprisingly light and Pietro threw a pen at them, which harmlessly bounced off the shield. (Y/N) was impressed and moved on to test the tail weight. It didn't have any fancy mechanics, but when (Y/N) swung his tail at the locker, it left a sizable dent and he didn't even feel it.
"Woah! These are awesome, Pietro! Eh-," He suddenly felt embarrassed at the damage he caused. "Sorry."
The elderly man waved him off. "Oh don't be. I've been meaning to get these dreary things replaced anyways."
(Y/N) chuckled before heading over to the rest of the group to check out their upgrades. Noticeably, he had to push his hair out of his face several times.
"We should probably cut your hair a bit, (Y/N)." Blake laughed a bit, seeing his struggle.
"No!" Yang protested. "I like his long hair! It looks good on him!"
"Yeah, makes him look more wild!" Nora added.
Weiss shook her head. "Well he can't just have it flopping in his eyes the whole time, it could be dangerous!"
"Oh idea!" Yang said eagerly as she pulled out her old purple sash.
She gathered up her brother's hair and tied it up into a little tuff of a ponytail.
"There! Problem solved."
(Y/N) looked in the mirror, moving his head around to admire his new look. At least his hair was out of his face. Ruby seemed to like it as she hugged him.
"Aw! Look how cute he looks!"
(Y/N) pouted. "I am not cute!"
"Pouting only makes them think it more." Jaune warned as the girls cooed at him.
(Timeskip)
(Y/N) readied himself as the launch doors opened.
"Let's make this happen, people." Clover ordered as the doors opened.
The boy, Clover, and Qrow leapt out and dove to the entrance below. It was time like this (Y/N) was grateful for his naturally built in landing strategies. He masterfully maneuvered through the air before gilding beside Qrow and Clover who slid along the icy slopes towards the bottom. Qrow, who was decked out in a new outfit like everyone else, nodded to (Y/N) as Clover checked in.
"This is Alpha Squad. LZ's clear, proceeding on foot. You've all got fancy new scrolls, so don't forget to use those. Keep your eyes and ears open. I want an update if you encounter the target. Alpha out."
Clover turned off the com and nodded to the two other males who followed him in. The internet of the mine was coated in ice, snow, and streaks of colorful Dust. (Y/N) followed behind and kept an eye out for the Grimm.
"You okay, (Y/N)?" Clover asked. "Your sisters mentioned you had a problem with cold."
"I'm fine." The boy insisted. "Pietro had my armor effused with fire Dust, that plus my Aura and fire breathing will keep me warm."
"Don't worry about him." Qrow insisted. "He's tougher than he looks."
"I'll take your word for it."
"Gotta say, I'm still not really used to working with other Huntsmen in the field." Qrow admitted.
"But you were on a team before, weren't you?"
Qrow sighed. "Long time ago. I just found that working alone tends to be for the best."
"Well I think that's a shame." Clover shot back.
Suddenly, Qrow slipped on some ice and before (Y/N) could react, Clover was already pulling him to his feet. The two males gave each other looks before Clover turned on the com again.
"Alpha here. Gimme an update."
"The connecting ice tunnels seem clear." (Y/N) heard Vine say. "We should be approaching the actual mine any minute now."
"Bravo checking in." Harriet sounded off. "Hit a bit of a snag. There's been a cave-in in the main entrance. Not sure if it's recent or was caused by the original accident. Either way, we'll have to do a little problem solving."
"Understood, let us know if you need anything." Clover said.
"Original accident?" (Y/N) asked.
Clover turned to him. "SDC Mine. Explosion caused a cave-in and many workers were killed. After that, the mine was abandoned."
(Y/N) huffed. "No wonder the Grimm are attached to this place."
"Well it's our job to get rid of them."
The males all continued further into the tunnel when Harriet came back on, a bit frantic.
"This is Bravo, we found the target, but it fled deeper into the mine. Engaging Centinels."
"Let's pick up the pace." Clover ordered.
The trio ran deeper into the tunnel. At one point, (Y/N) heard something hissing nearby.
"It's here!" He called out.
Qrow immediately morphed Harbinger into its shotgun mode as the Geist swooped past them. Him and (Y/N) took shots, but when it retreated further in, (Y/N) flew after it.
"(Y/N)!" Qrow yelled as Clover got back on coms.
"This is Alpha, we've engaged the target! All squads head towards our position."
The boy kept on top of the Grimm, slashing and diving at the creature. The Grimm couldn't hit him, but the ethereal nature of the creature made it difficult to land a blow across the mask.
"(Y/N), give me a clean strike!" Clover ordered as he pulled out his fishing rod.
The boy swooped past the monster, making it turn its head for Clover to hook on to. However, it barely missed as the Grimm dove into a mound of ice, immediately animating it. It summoned chunks of ice and stone to form a new. (Y/N) growled, blasting fire directly in its face. Clover rushed into to help. (Y/N) then locked his gauntlets together, charging shot, before blasting the creature, making it stagger, leaving it open for him and Clover to charge.
"Wait, stop!" Qrow called out.
From the corner of his eye, (Y/N) saw a pillar about to crash down on them. He grabbed Clover and jumped back, narrowly avoiding being buried. As the dust settled, they got up and surveyed the hole. The Geist was gone.
"Darn it." Clover huffed. "Target escape. Last seen headed east." He then nodded to his two partners. "Thanks for the call out, and good reaction time, (Y/N). That could have been bad."
Qrow sighed. "I wouldn't thank me. My Semblance brings misfortune. Sometimes I can't keep it under control."
"Qrow." (Y/N) frowned.
The older male was putting in the effort to improve himself, everyone could see it, but his insecurities stemming from his past and especially his Semblance were weighing him down. He had even refused to give (Y/N) a charm in fear of what his Semblance would manifest from it.
Clover noted the tense atmosphere. "Is that so? Well, hey, don't beat yourself up about it." The op then hook his fishing line around another beam and yanked it down, covering the hold and making a path for them. "My Semblance is good fortune. Lucky you, huh?"
He then walked off checking in with the other teams, leaving the other two bewildered.
"Charlie, Bravo, you should be able to cut off the target in the heart of the mine. Qrow, (Y/N), and I wont be far behind."
"So do your Semblances cancel out, or is it like an RNG thing?"
"You've been playing way too many video games with Ruby, (Y/N)."
(Timeskip)
By the time they reached the meetup point, the other teams were already combating the Geist, who had also added Dust to its body. Clover had already warned him and Qrow that the room was lined with Dust which could activate and blow them all up, so fire breathing was definitely off the table. The Ace Ops were working on removing the Dust crystals from Geist's body. Marrow accidentally sent one their way, allowing Clover to nonchalantly catch it.
He chuckled. "What would you guys do without me?"
He tossed the crystal Qrow before diving off the ledge to join the fray. The Ace Ops moved as unit, splitting the Geist's focus and constantly keeping it moving. (Y/N) was amazed by how in sync they were and how easily they were overwhelming the Geist. Elm opened up a shot for Clover after taking out the other arm. The leader ran at the Grimm, bounced off its leg, and hooked his fishing rod onto the mask of the creature, yanking it out of the body. Harriet charged in, uppercutting the Geist to death in one strike. As the main body fell apart, the Ace Ops scattered, gathering the falling Dust crystals before they could hit the ground. One went flying in an arc.
"Harriet!" Clover order.
Hare bolted at it, but it seemed she wouldn't make it time. As Ruby rushed in with her Semblance, (Y/N) saw another crystal fall from the roof, likely dislodged by the shaking of the falling debris. Everyone was focused on the crystal Ruby and Harriet were trying to catch, so without thinking, he activated Ruby's charm, flying in blur and narrowly catching the crystal before it could hit one of the boulders, which Ruby happened to slide into. He landed on top of the boulder and leaned over to smile at his sister, showing off the crystal.
"Nice catch, Ruby."
She laughed. "Not bad yourself."
Harriet walked over to them and helped Ruby to her feet as (Y/N) hopped off the ledge.
"Thought you said your Semblance was like mine."
Ruby scratched her head. "It is?"
"I've seen other speed Semblances before, but that was different. I think there's more going on than you think."
"Wait until she sees what she can do with her eyes." (Y/N) heard Yang joked.
He snorted, which got Harriet's attention. She shot him a half impressed look.
"And you, mister, that was some nice hustle. That Semblance of yours seems pretty useful."
He cheekily held up his charm bracelet, Ruby's charm now fading out. "You've literally not seen the  half of it."
His sisters and their friends laughed knowingly as Elm placed him and Ruby on her shoulders and began parading them around. Eventually, the group cleared out. The younger kids exited first as the Huntsmen emerge from the mine with a heroic atmosphere, causing the kids to look on in awe (Ruby, Jaune, and Nora especially). Jaune ran up to Clover, gushing.
"You guys were incredible! Oh, the way you took down the Geist without needing to plan your tactics out, you just knew exactly what to do."
Clover put his hands on his waist. "Well, Ace Ops are hand-picked to perfectly complement one another, so we can focus on our assets and leave our liabilities behind."
Marrow marched past them proudly, before saluting . "Some of us are all asset, zero liability."
Elm scoffed, getting the dog Faunus's attention.
"Wha-yeah? Think I've got some liabilities, Elm?"
"I think a wagging tail is one." (Y/N) joked, causing Elm, Harriet, Clover to laugh.
Elm slapped him hard on the back. "I like this one, but I would've said brains first."
"You did ask." Vine said as Marrow pouted in embarrassment.
Nora quickly pushed past (Y/N), who was now trying to get the ache out of his back, and waved to Elm, looking at the older woman's hammer.
"Hi, do you need a new best friend? Our pair name can be THUNDER THIGHS!"
Ren quickly picked up Nora and walked away, with a confused Elm looking onward.
"You get used to it." (Y/N) assured her as Ruby ran up to Harriet.
"Perfect complementary teamwork. Oh yeah, I want to have my friends' backs just like that."
"Friends?" Harriet repeated.
Elm laughed. "Ha Ha, this isn't the schoolyard, kid."
The rest of the team joined Ruby.
"But, I mean, when you go through so much with someone it kind of changes things, doesn't it?" Yang asked.
"We get along well enough, sure." Harriet answered. "I count on them to keep me alive, they do the same, but that's the job. We don't confuse the two."
The dragon shook his head. "I don't think that could ever work for me."
"You're a kid, you've still got a lot of growing to do before being a Huntsman." Elm assured him.
(Y/N) held up his bracelet. "Well, my Semblance is entirely bond based, so I don't think your viewpoint could really work for my fighting style."
"Huh." Elm said as she walked off, not having an answer.
(Y/N) joined his sisters, who all looked a bit disappointed by Harriet's words. Luckily, Clover interjected.
"Speaking of the job..." (Y/N) looked past him and saw Ironwood there. "Duty ever beckons. You all hang back a second."
The Ace Ops walked over to Ironwood as Ruby looked down. (Y/N) nudged her.
"You know, just because it works for them doesn't mean you have to do it. Everyone's got their own style, right?"
Ruby perked up and ruffled his hair before turning back to the rest of the team.
"What do you guys want to do when we get back to Atlas? Sightseeing? Oh, what should we visit first?"
Blake yawned as she walked past Ruby. "How about our beds?"
"Oh come on, guys! This is a great time to go exploring. We haven't done that in so long."
"Ruby, we just explored a whole continent on foot before flying to this one." Weiss shot back.
"Well, yeah, but it was only the boring parts."
Yang gave her a look. "We almost died."
"Multiple times." (Y/N) added.
Ruby scoffed as they walked past her. (Y/N) yawned, feeling tired now that everyone else was mentioning it.
"Hey, heads up." Qrow said as Ironwood looked their way.
"Can I get the team leaders over here? There's something I'd like to discuss with you. You too, Qrow."
As Jaune, Ruby, and Qrow approached the general, (Y/N) innocently put his arms over his head, trying to hear what they were saying before Blake scooped.
"Oh no you don't, mister. You've started to develop a bad habit of eavesdropping."
The boy grumbled. "It's not my fault I have good hearing!"
Weiss crossed her arms. "Perhaps, but you can help being in range of other people's conversations."
"Err...I guess."
The girls took (Y/N) out of range to make sure he wasn't listening in. Fortunately, the arrival of a ship cut the conversation short. Unfortunately, who was on that ship. The group gathered at the landing point and (Y/N) saw the SDC logo on bay doors as they opened. A smarmy looking, white haired man stepped out, barking at Ironwood as he approached. (Y/N) recognized him as Jacques Schnee, Weiss's father. He had briefly met the man during the evacuation of Vale and it was an immediate hatred, only compounded by what Weiss had told them about his treatment of her during the time they had been separated.
"So let me get this straight, James. In addition to this nonsensical embargo of yours crippling my business, you've also decided you have the authority to commandeer private property? When the Council hears about this, you will never-,"
Ironwood cut him off. "Actually, I've already informed them. As this is now the site of a classified military operation, it didn't even require a vote."
"Didn't require a vote!?"
"You might want to brush up on Council law before you lose this upcoming election, Jacques. Now, I've allowed you to land here once as a courtesy, the next time, it won't be a friendly reception."
"Lately, you seem to forget who your friends really are. I'm going to get that Council seat, James, and maybe then, you'll-," It was only then that Jacques noticed Weiss was there and froze mid-sentence. (Y/N) held her hand and glared at the male until he finally started to yell at Ironwood again. "You...you roped my missing daughter into these schemes of yours, too? How long has she been back in Atlas? Did Winter know about this?"
"It was my decision to come here." Weiss growled, walking up to Jacques. "Just like it was my decision to leave. Or have you forgotten all about that?"
"If you think I'm one to forget anything, girl, then you've misjudged the man your father is."
"Believe me, I know exactly the kind of man you are."
(Y/N) smirked as Jacques became angry.
"How dare you speak to me that way?! I have half a mind to-,"
"Half a mind to what, Jacques?" Ironwood challenged.
(Y/N) stepped up to Weiss's side, showing his teeth. "Yeah, what exactly, old man?"
Jacque growled and composed himself. "You know, your mother was devastated when you left. Didn't leave her room for days. You know how she gets when she's upset."
(Y/N) felt Weiss beginning to deflate as Jacques looked a bit more smug. He took his sister hand and growled at the older man.
"I'm pretty sure she was just upset she was stuck alone with a creep like you."
Weiss blinked down at her brother in surprise, but felt a sense of relief wash over her. Jacques in contrast glared at the dragon, who feinted a charge, causing him to flinch. (Y/N) smirked, satisfied Jacques now understood who was supposed to be afraid. The white hair man just turned back to the general.
"I knew one day you would overextend your reach. I didn't come here to beg for an abandoned mine. I came here to thank you, for personally handing me the noose to hang you. You'll regret this."
The rest of Team RWBY stepped forward to join Weiss and (Y/N). Blake took Weiss's other hand and gave her a reassuring nod as Jacques looked back at them.
"So these are the little friends you threw everything away for?"
"Not friends." Weiss corrected. "Family."
Jacques looked like he wanted to say something else, but (Y/N) snarled at him, making him retreat back to his ship. After the ship took off, Weiss breathed a sigh of relief as Ruby patted her back gently and the boy watched the ship leave.
"General, can I have permission to set that guy on fire next time I see him?"
"Please don't tempt me, (Y/N)."
A truck then approached as Winter emerged, checking to make sure the ship was gone.
"Oh now you show up, Winter." Weiss joked. "You just missed Father."
Winter approached them, a little embarrassed.
"I wouldn't say I missed hi-,"
Penny suddenly appeared then, sending them all flying.
"Surprise!" She then noticed them being knocked over. "Uh, did we not start yet?"
Winter sighed. "Ugh, apparently we haven't."
(Y/N) pushed Ruby up as he rolled onto his feet.
"Start what?"
Ironwood led them to the arena, which was ominously dark. (Y/N) felt a familiarity wash over him as he glanced around. He remembered cheering his sisters on from the stands, enjoying seeing his friends battle out in friendly matches...it was only 2 years ago, but now it seemed like a lifetime ago. The general broke through his thoughts.
"It goes without saying that this arena holds significance to all of us. It's only fitting that we should be able to reconvene here, now, when the world needs to be brought together more than ever. The road you traveled from our first meeting hasn't been easy. You fought for your school and your friends at Beacon. You fought for the world and the innocent at Haven Academy and beyond. You faced down terrors people can't even fathom. That's not the behavior of students, it's the behavior of Huntsmen and Huntresses."
He nodded to Penny, who was bouncing with excitement. She walked towards them, stopping at each person to tap a device in her hands. Their schools rumbled and (Y/N) saw their student licenses change.
"Wait, what is this?" Ren asked.
"You are being granted your Huntsmen licenses, today." Winter answered.
Ironwood nodded. "I know this is coming a little ahead of schedule, but Brothers know you deserve it. I only regret that I couldn't do something a little more ceremonious for the occasion."
Ruby looked at her school in disbelief. "I...we...we're honored, General Ironwood. You really didn't have to-,"
"Please." He interrupted. "With the threat of Salem still out there and tensions rising in our kingdom, I could certainly use more trustworthy fighters by my side. I should be so lucky to have all of you. And (Y/N), while you've proven to have just as much skill and discipline as the others-,"
"Yeah, yeah." (Y/N) cut him off. "Can't have a 10 year old, licensed Huntsman. I get it."
The general chuckled. "While that's true, Clover did say he was impressed by your performance today. While you may be young now, your license may not be as far away as you may think. I expect you to prove that in your training going forward."
"Yes sir."
He then turned back to the rest of the group, who were still in shock and not saying anything.
"It's okay. It's a big moment, and what better way than to celebrate here? When this tower is ready and communications are back up and running, we'll tell the world about Salem and face down whatever come at us after that, together." He then sighed awkwardly. "That's just about all the pomp I have in me. If you'll excuse me, I have to get back to running this operation. Um...well then, enjoy the cake."
He and Winter then walked off.
"Your speech outros are improving, sir!" Penny assured.
Yang glanced down at her scroll. "After everything we've been through, I almost forgot this is what I wanted in the first place."
"When Beacon fell, I didn't even think this would even be possible." Blake admitted.
"It almost feels trivial now." Weiss added.
Qrow chuckled. "Geez, guys, lighten up a little. Enjoy yourselves for a change. You've earned it."
"Finally!" Nora yelled. "Someone said it! Let's kill some cake, huh? Because I can eat two slices before Ren even eats one. Who says I can't? Who says it, huh?"
"Nora." Ren said. "Nobody is arguing with you about this."
"Bet I can eat more." (Y/N) snarked.
"You're on, (N/N)!"
Penny sliced up the cake and (Y/N) and Nora entered an intense eating competition which (Y/N) surprisingly managed to snatch a narrow victory. He was a growing boy with wings after all. Everyone laughed and took pictures, forgetting about their worries for just a moment. He also noticed Ruby and Qrow talking, but decided against listening in because he could feel Blake's gaze in him. Luckily, Yang called Ruby down to see the mission board Penny had brought out. Ruby immediately zoomed towards it and gasped.
"Oh my gosh, is that a mission board? It's an app now!? Can we ride a Megoliath?! Stop an underground crime ring!? Do I get to go," She put her hood up. "Undercover?"
She shook Penny as she tried to answer. "Maaaybeee!"
(Y/N) laughed as the Ace Ops stepped in.
"Hey, you guys smell that?" Marrow asked while sniffing and approaching the board. "Smells like fresh meat."
"That's odd, I don't smell meat." Vine said, missing the joke.
Ren proved to be his equal. "Neither do I."
(Y/N) facepalmed as Marrow sighed. "Ugh, you know what? Never mind."
"Let me get this straight." Elm stepped up. "You've only been official for an hour now, and you're already looking for Huntsmen work?"
"To be fair, we've been official for a whole...57 minutes." Weiss attempted to argue.
"I'd like to remind you all the real mission here is ensuring the successful launch of the communications tower." Vine noted.
"True." Ren agreed. "But we can also keep training and improving by helping where we can."
"At least you guys get to do stuff." (Y/N) shot back. "I'm stuck training while you get to go on missions!"
"Don't worry, (Y/N), Ironwood has asked every Ace Op to oversee your training along with himself." Elm assured him. "You'll have your hands just as full as the rest of them!"
"Yay."
"Still, the enthusiasm of youths!"
Marrow nodded. "Well, it's hard to argue with that. Okay, let me show you how it works." He walked up to the board and began scrolling. "Ooh, here's an important one. Who wants to volunteer?"
"Yes! All right!" Everyone cheered, holding up their hands.
"We need someone to escort children to pre-primary school down in Mantle. There's not actually any danger, but the parents fret and that attracts Grimm." Everyone groaned and dropped their hands, save for Jaune. "Perfect, thanks...ugh, Juan...Jwan...Jim?"
"Jaune." (Y/N) corrected the dog.
"Thank you."
The blonde shrugged. "Wow, my first Huntsman mission."
Elm then launched Marrow out of the way (making him scream) and tapped the board. "Next! A massive Sabyr is loose in the Mantle sewers! We need two brave warriors to flush it out!"
Everyone immediately jumped on that, leaving Jaune feeling cheated. Harriet then appeared, grabbing (Y/N) by the collar and dragging him away.
"As for you, little guy, you're with me. Let's see how fast you can really go."
"Yes ma'am!"