Chapter 19

--- Eh , sorry guys . This chapter might be a bit of a let down . I was just on my stride , but I've only had about 3 hours of sleep because my friend came over and we had a Vampire Diaries Season 3 marathon and we had to watch the WHOLE season in a day . Sorry ! But I promised I'd update and stuff so I will because I love you guys . Thanks for reading this and stuff . Make sure to give me your feedback so I know how I'm doing . ------

* Kol *

I ignored Damon and walked into Kate's room to see her tossing and turning . I sighed and walked over , sitting on the edge of the bed careful not to wake her as I gently stroked her cheek . She whimpered a little in her sleep . I kissed her cheek and pulled her into my arms gently . 
" Hush now , darling . Nobody is going to hurt you . " I whispered .

She quieted down a little and snuggled closer to me putting her head on my chest . I smiled a little and stroked her cheek .
" I'd forgotten what it was like ..... to feel . To care ....... to love . And it always seems to be you that reminds me . I only wish that the circumstnaces were less complicated . " I whispered , stroking her hair gently .

* Kate *

I felt someone . I was in someone's arms and it was strange that there was no other place I felt I needed to be . I was able to make a few words , but I drifted back to sleep . I felt someone stroke my cheek and kept my eyes closed . I fluttered my eyelids and gasped , pushing away from Kol who looked suprised . 

" W-What are you doing up here ? " I asked , running a hand through my hair .

" I'm sorry . You were having a nightmare . I didn't mean to alarm you . " he said quitely .  

I pulled the covers up over my chest to my chin and looked at him a moment . He got up to move off the bed and I paused , grabbing his hand . 
" Kol ? " I asked looking at him intently .

" Yes ? " he asked , suprised .

" Stay with me ..... " I whispered looking at him with teary eyes as I pushed the covers back .

Kol slid in next to me covering me up and wrapping his arms around me as I put my head on his chest. 

" I'm sorry . " I whispered as a few tears streamed down my face . 
" Shhh .... don't be . " he said sweetly as he stroked my cheek.

" How come you left me ? How come you didn't take me with you in Chicago ? " I asked , biting back tears .

He was silent a moment , looking at the ceiling .
" Everyone leaves me . Why does everyone have to leave me ? What's wrong with me ? " I whispered , jolting up out of bed as I sat up and ran a hand through my hair as it fell in strands down my face .

" Kate .... is that what you think ? You think that something is wrong with you ? I'm a millenia year old monster and you want to know what is wrong with YOU ? " he asked shocked , sitting up so that he was looking at me .

" You're not a monster , Kol . You're no a monster then my own brother . You're .... sweet and kind . But you don't show people . You hide behind a mask . You want people to think that you don't feel . But  you feel . You feel everything . " I replied , looking over at him and grabbing his hand .

He laughed a little .

" You're wrong , Kate . I don't want people to know that I feel . I only feel for you . I feel everything for you . You bring out the best in me . " he said , tucking a strand of hair behind my face .
I looked down at the sheets .
" So then why did you leave me ? " I asked , looking up at him .

" Those were different times ..... times of horror and running . " he replied .
 " I could've run with you . " I whispered .
" What ? And spend the rest of your life as a fugitive ? I couldn't ask you to do that . " he said shaking his head .
" It wasn't your choice to make , Kol . I know that and you know that to . It was my choice .My choice and you took it away from me . You might as well have compelled me to forget about you . " I said coldly .

He froze .

" Is that what you want ? " he asked .

" I don't know what I want anymore . " I replied .

" Then maybe I should've . " he said quietly .

" Maybe you should've . You could've saved yourself all this regret . " I said in the same rigid tone .