Chapter 15

* Kate *

I walked downstairs and saw Alice trying to hang some lights , but she was really short . I walked over to help and then I reached on my tip toes . Damon walked through the front door and paused , chuckling at Alice and I ttrying to hang the lights . He shook his head laughing and walked over , putting me on his shoulders easily . 

" Thanks . " I smiled , laughing as I started to string the lights across the top of the stairs .

It  took a little longer because I needed to put each one up individually . A brunette walked through the door with Jacob and Seth and a few other guys and they all froze seeing me on Damon's shoulders and us dancing and swaying a little to the radio Alice had put up . I hadn't noticed Alice had left the room to get something so it was just me and Damon dancing and Damon singing along a quietly so badly that it made me laugh . Thier jaws dropped seeing that and I wanted to laugh so hard but it was also incredibly awkward for me . Damon smirked , seeing thier reaction . I cleared my throat . 

" One more light to go . " I replied , looking down at him and messing up his dark hair .

He rolled his eyes while I hung the last light  just as Edward walked in . He froze and I had to hold in a laugh so I didn't fall to the floor in a fit of giggles . Edward cleared his throat and gave Damon a slight glare that even the werewolves and the brunette noticed . 

" Damon , I got the last light , you can put me down now . " I replied tapping on the top of his head . 

He rolled his eyes and slid me down gracefully . I turned to him with a smile . 

" Thank you . " I said .

He smiled back .

" You're welcome , but promise me something next time ? " he asked .

I shrugged .

 " What ? "

" Lay off the doughnuts . " he smirked laughing .

I rolled my eyes , laughing as I pulled him down and messed up his hair .

" I'm not promising to that . " I replied laughing .

He smirked , walking over and grabbing my hand and twirling me into of the Cullen's wide floor and started tangoing with me . I burst out laughing , putting my head in my hands and then rolling my eyes as he twirled me and dipped me low . 

" We're supposed to be decorateing ! " I accused .

He rolled his eyes and twirled me again .

" Not now we're not . "  he protested . 

I rolled my eyes and gave in , tangoing across the floor with him and giggling the whole way . Until my phone went off . I walked over and looked down at it . A text from an .... Elena Gilbert . I didn't know an Elena Gilbert .

" Hey , Damon , do you know an Elena Gilbert ? " I asked , holding my phone up .

He froze .

" Yeah , she was a friend of mine . I just remembered I have to go get something in town . I'll be back later , Kate . " he said , walking out without looking at me again .

I shrugged and didn't bother reading the message as I tucked my phone in my pocket . Edward cleared his throat . 

" Kate , are you alright ? " Edward asked .

I looked up and nodded .

" Just fine . " I said .

 " I think I'm going to go lay down . " I replied , making my way upstairs .