Stuck with you - Damien

- Damien's p.o.v -

Quarantine hasn't been too bad. Not being at smosh is hard, but at least we're still working from home. Also, I get to spend more time with the cats, and my girlfriend (Y/N), which is a nice change because work had started to separate us, with me working days and her working pretty much constantly. She is one of the best at what she does though, and she loves her job so I'd never ask her to abandon it. At least we can make the most of the time we have together now. 

"Damien?" (Y/N) calls from our bedroom. I'm in the office we have playing a round of Overwatch, which I'm losing.

"Yeah?" I call back.

"I'm right here, no need to shout." she jokes, bringing her chair beside me and sitting down. She watches me play the game, giving me the occasional tip, but my team still loses.

"What did you call me for?" I ask as they show the play of the game.

"Oh yeah, I made dinner, so we should probably go eat." She replies with a smile, scooting her chair back to her desk and going back downstairs. I laugh at how hyper she is today, it's nice that she's able to keep happy during this time. That's one of the reasons I love her, she's so resilient and uplifting, that's one of the first things I noticed about her. 

We met just over a year ago when smosh hired her as a scriptwriter. From the start, she was always so confident and comfortable around us, and her creativity was exactly what smosh needed at the time. She worked with us for a few months, during which we started dating. Then she had finally had a breakthrough with her writing and one of her novels was published, which soon began climbing the book charts. Since then it has been mad but she always made time for her and I to be together, and now we're coming up close to our one year anniversary. 

"Are you coming or am I going to eat all of the pizza?" She calls. I rush down the stairs into the lounge to see a blanket fort, dominos and Disney plus on the tv. 

"I thought you said you made dinner?" I tease as I come and sit with her under the tent of blankets. She turns the lights off on her phone then switches on some fairy lights. 

"I may have twisted the words, but pizza is pizza." She says grabbing the boxes and opening them. "What do you want to watch?" 

"What do you want to watch?" I reply as I see a small smile appear on her face. "Monsters Inc then?" 

"Yes!" She quickly turns it on and we eat our pizzas and the deserts too. (Y/N) cuddles in beside me and I put my arm around her to comfort her because I know that this movie makes her sad. We get to the end of the movie and surprisingly she didn't cry this time around, but I can't blame her if she did because it is sad. 

"You good?" I ask her as she stretches out. She sighs and looks at me. 

"I am very good, do you know why?"

"Is it because you had cookies?" I joke and she shakes her head.

"No, because I am glad that I am stuck with you," she starts, "and I think if I could quarantine with anyone in the world, I'd still to choose to be with you," she says sweetly, kissing me afterwards. 

"As cheesy as that was, I would choose you too."

"Aww, aren't you cute." She jokes, ruffling my already messy hair before gathering the boxes, standing up and turning the lights back on. "Don't you need to be working now?" She asks from the kitchen. I check my watch and realise she's right, we're supposed to be filming disney+ and chill right now.

"At least one of us remembered," I reply, going upstairs to join the group call. 

"How is everyone's quarantine today?" Courtney asks as we all join the call.

"I felt like being productive today so I decided to read a book, and gave up five minutes later and watched Netflix," Shayne admits as we laugh at him.

"I feel that, I spent most of my day on Overwatch." 

"Are you not spending all your time with (Y/N)?" Sarah teases as Matt Raub joins the call.

"I have been, but she's been busy today."

"I hope I'm not late." Tommy's voice comes through before his video does and then, after Ian eventually joins, we even get started on the video.

After doing what we need to for the video, Shayne and I begin to play a few more rounds of overwatch. The time passes quickly and we don't realise until Shayne's alarm blares and we stop playing. Shortly after there's a knock on the door and it creaks open. I finish off shutting down my laptop and turn to look at (Y/N).

"I'm just letting you know that I fed the cats," she informs me, with only her face popping in through the open door.

"Thanks, sorry I forgot I was online with Shayne."

"Don't worry about it, I love giving them food anyway cus then I get to pet them even more," she says jokingly, still not coming into the room which makes me suspicious.

"Are you hiding something?" 

"No, it's nothing." She says closing the door over more. 

"Oh, but there is something?"

"Okay, but it's very rough because I only just wrote it and i doubt it's the kind of thing you'd want to read but I have a surprise anyway." She says walking over to me, a bulk of paper in hand. 

"Is this the book you've been writing?" I ask.

"Not quite." She says, handing me the paper. "have a look."

"A script, what's it for?"

"Well, and you can't tell the world this because they are not ready yet,  but it's a draft for the first episode of a cartoon," she explains as she sits on my lap, reading it with me. 

"I didn't know you wrote cartoons."

"Well, I sent a pitch to cartoon network ages ago and you know the whole process and they got back to me a while ago so I have been writing it and I was wondering if you'd like to voice it." 

"Really?" I turn to face her in surprise and she nods.

"I asked nicely if they'd let you and I had to build you a portfolio and everything but they think you'd be perfect for it and all you have to do is read for it just to test it and you've practically got it," she explains excitedly, holding my hand. I'm lost for words, this is one of the kindest things someone's done for me. "I'm taking your silence as a good thing."

"Thank you so much," I say as I hug her tightly. 

"I love you, Damien."

"I love you too, (Y/N)."