Chapter Six

Feeling exhausted yet accomplished, Holliday walked out of the audition room with confidence. She knew that she had just given the best performance of her life. She let her love of dance take over any feelings that she may have been experiencing and lost herself to the music.

She had been dreaming of dancing Giselle since she was a little girl. It was her number one goal and she knew that she had to remain focused and determined. Even though, Holliday knew that Natasha would probably dance the role of Giselle, she couldn't help but keep a small ounce of hope that she would be cast as the lead character.

If she danced in the Jazz version of Giselle then doors would be wide open for her dance career that she could never even imagine. It's the most sought after performance and is considered a high honor to be selected to dance any lead character.

Holliday could barely contain her excitement. All the years of training and hard work had prepared her for this one performance and she was more than ready.

Walking back into the dressing room, she saw Madison already dressed in jeans and texting on her phone. Madison had already auditioned earlier that morning.

As Holliday sat next to Madison, she questioned, "Why are you already dressed to leave? I thought you wanted to stay and practice for the Halloween performance?"

Madison jumped as if she didn't notice that Holliday was sitting right next to her and quickly hid her cell phone.

Looking nervous and embarrassed she answered, "I was but my mother is back home and demanding that I go somewhere with her tonight. Just make sure to stay in my wing and only text the cook if you're hungry."

"Why are you acting weird and hiding your phone?" Holliday asked knowing that something didn't feel right with her best friend's behavior.

Ignoring the question, Madison asked, "So, how was your audition?"

Holliday knew Madison was attempting to change the subject but she didn't care. Talking about dance brought joy to her life. She would question Madison about her mysterious texting later.

"It went amazing! That was truly one of my best auditions in my entire life! I nailed every part and could see that the judges were very pleased with my solo."

"That's great! I know you're happy especially after everything that has happened."

"I am. I probably won't get to dance as Giselle but I'm hoping for another character lead."

"You never know. Natasha is great and all but they may want to go in a different direction."

"You may be right but anyways, how was your audition this morning?"

"Mine was ok. I have no complaints but I also didn't do any complicated techniques," Madison stated nonchalantly.

Horrified, Holliday immediately questioned, "Why wouldn't you go over and beyond for your solo audition? This isn't the damn Nutcracker, this is Giselle!"

"I'm starting to think that you're not listening to me. I could literally give two fucks about any of this. I'm just hoping to be one of The Wilis because they come out in the second act. I will get to have my moment in the spotlight so my parents can see me then brag to their friends. Afterwards, I get my trust fund and I'm free."

"Damn Madison, you sure do know how to kill my vibe. I thought you were just stressed but I can clearly see that you really don't give a shit. I get it. But can't you at least be supportive and happy for me?"

"Are you serious right now? You live with me and eat my food! How is that not being supportive? Especially since I'm also giving you money since your dad cut you off and your mom won't even talk to you."