Chapter Fifteen

Unbeknownst to Holliday, Natasha lived in the same wealthy subdivision as Madison. They actually lived only one street apart. Natasha's mansion was also similar to Madison's with her having her own dance studio as well. The room next to the studio housed all of Natasha's trophies and accomplishments. It looked like a museum dedicated to Natasha and filled the entire room. Holliday didn't feel envious but determination that she would also be great one day. On the wall in the studio, there was a beautiful painted picture of Natasha in a Back Attitude position. Holliday couldn't stop staring at the painting. It mesmerized her in the same way it did to watch Natasha dance. If she was going to be stuck as Natasha, she would definitely be spending the most of her time in that dance studio.

Holliday felt amazing that her love of dance was back but was starting to feel some type of way that she was the only one without a personal dance studio. She quickly got over the feeling when she learned that Wanda barely bothered her at home. Holliday finally had free time to herself to just think and breath. Wanda texted her often but Holliday was glad to not see her face or hear her voice on a daily basis. They didn't even eat meals together most days and Holliday continued to count her blessings.

Natasha's home confirmed that Wanda lacked class. Even though there were expensive and probably priceless decorative art and household items located everywhere, nothing fit together and actually made the entire decor appear tacky. Holliday realized that just because people can afford the finer things in life didn't mean they had the class to know how to show it. There was no personal touches located anywhere in the home. Not one single picture or family portrait. Holliday often roamed the mansion and felt a sense of familiarity but also great sadness.

Natasha's entire bedroom was pale pink and looked slightly girly but in a childish type of way. It was extremely neat and organized with nothing out of place. Holliday was afraid to touch anything at first because she didn't want to ruin Natasha's things. Of course, Natasha's closet room was filled with inappropriate clothing and stripper shoes. Holliday finally found regular clothes in a bottom drawer in the back of the closet. It appeared to be hidden. Knowing Wanda, Holliday was certain that Natasha had to hide decent clothing from her.

To offset the drugs and alcohol, Holliday started to smoke cigarettes. The nicotine provided a temporarily moment of peace and calmed her nerves. Holliday knew that a lot of dancers smoked cigarettes to curve their appetite, a perk of having an eating disorder, but she never smoked for health reasons. Part of her hated smoking but another part of her craved it. Holliday would tell Wanda that she was going for a jog around the neighborhood then smoke outside while remaining hidden. Most times, she would just smoke in her bathroom with the shower on. For some reason, Holliday felt more comfortable smoking in the bathroom and she knew that it had to be a part of Natasha's daily regimens.

What Holliday found to be the most annoying was that Natasha had to obtain Wanda's permission for everything. Natasha couldn't do anything for herself so for that reason, she had to sneak around. Holliday hated that feeling of being deceitful but understood why Natasha had to live that way. Natasha was a prisoner in her own home with no escape plan. Holliday knew at that moment that she had to save herself and Natasha.

****

After being home for about two weeks, Holliday finally convinced Wanda to "allow" her to go to The Conservatory of CC to obtain her graduate dance certificate. Since Wanda had a meeting with her divorce attorney, she agreed to let Madison take her. Not surprisedly, Natasha didn't have her own car. Once Wanda left, Holliday immediately texted Madison.

Natasha: Hey Madison. Are you busy today?

Madison: I do have plans but what's up?