Chapter Fourteen

Two months later, Holliday was still in the same predicament. She realized that she needed drugs and alcohol to cope with Wanda and the constant request for sex. It was her obligation and Holliday quickly learned how to check out mentally. Not only did she feel disconnected from her own body but she also felt that way about her new life. The play was still running and Natasha was an overnight success. Holliday found out that she even danced as Natasha and was able to experience dance moves that she could never fully master perfectly when she was herself. Eventually, she stopped calling what Enzo did as rape and prepared herself for the situation. A small voice in the back of her mind helped her to move and act in a sexual manner which she learned sped up the process.

Holliday wished she could run away but it appeared that Natasha had no family or friends. Wanda never spoke to anyone outside of business contacts and from conversation, Holliday knew she was divorcing her third husband. Since there was no prenup, Wanda was walking away with everything. Holliday tried to ask about Natasha's dad but Wanda would get angry then changed the topic. Even in Natasha's cell phone, the only numbers outside of Wanda was for her career. Holliday sensed Natasha's loneliness often and felt so bad for her. The overwhelming feeling of being alone would cause Holliday to cry herself to sleep when she wasn't under the influence of substances. She felt that she was crying for both herself and Natasha.

What Holliday couldn't understand is why at twenty-two years of age did Natasha keep Wanda around. Natasha was old enough to live alone and handle her own career since Wanda was a complete bitch. Holliday quickly learned that not only did Wanda control Natasha's life, she controlled her finances as well. Natasha didn't even have her own bank account. She shared a joint account with Wanda but wasn't even given a debit card. Only cash once a week. Natasha had no access to her money or anything. She was truly trapped by Wanda. Holliday knew that if she was low key scared of Wanda then Natasha must be too.

Holliday wanted desperately to save Natasha but was confused about her intentions. She didn't know if Natasha was like Wanda or being forced by Wanda. She couldn't read Natasha's mixed emotional signals but knew it had to be some type of reason for this Freaky Friday switch. Maybe Holliday's purpose was to help Natasha see the light and learn that sexing for fame would eventually destroy her career. She didn't know the exact reason for the switch but she knew that she had to find the answer soon so that she could return back to herself.

****

Holliday called Madison often to check on her body. She knew Madison was confused about her inquiries but always provided a general update. She wanted to tell her best friend so many times about the situation but Wanda was always near her. Holliday almost never had a minute alone. It's like Wanda knew she would run at any moment so she always stayed very close. According to Madison, Holliday's body showed no signs of improvement. It's like she remained in a deep sleep. Her body was breathing on it's own but she couldn't wake up. Tests were constantly ran to ensure that Holliday wasn't brain dead due to the small amount of swelling on her brain. Holliday knew she wasn't brain dead but she couldn't go around telling people that or she could be locked up in the crazy house. She was truly her own version of Sleeping Beauty mixed with Snow White. Too bad a handsome prince couldn't save her with just a simple kiss.

The best news came when Wanda informed her that they would be returning back home after the play concluded next week. Holliday cried tears of joy to know that she would be seeing her body again. She hoped that a single touch would reunite her. Plus, she was tired of dancing all day, everyday. It was hard for her to understand that she of all people was tired of dancing when she made dance her entire life. Wanda may be a total psycho bitch but she supported Natasha's dream of dancing and did everything, good and bad, to ensure that she was successful.

Even though Holliday desperately missed Madison, she also missed her dad. A small part of her even missed her mom but most importantly, she missed her grandma and wanted to visit her grave. She hadn't visited once and still wasn't ready to say goodbye but at least wanted to see where her grandma was buried. Without her grandma, she would always feel a sense of loss but knew she had to find her own way. The excitement of going back home gave Holliday a boost of energy to save herself and no one or anything would deter her plan.

****

A week later, Holliday could barely contain her happiness. Wanda had to verbally threaten to beat her twice and drug her once before Holliday finally managed to suppress the euphoria running through her body. As she sat on the plane and stared out the window, she thought over how different she was from before the switch. She realized that even though her love and passion for dance had returned, it couldn't be her entire life. She needed other adventures to enrich her existence but most importantly, dance couldn't replace human contact.

Holliday realized more than anything else that she had a lot of apologies to give when she returned home as well. She selfishly took her family and best friend for granted but took offense when they pursued their own lives. She boxed herself off from the world and only included others when she needed them. Her best friend had taken a backseat in her life so far that Holliday didn't even fully care that her friendship with Madison was almost non-existent. Her dad may not have always been physically around but he loved and supported her. And she repaid him by judging his relationship with Mendall, his now wife. Even though her own mom was difficult, she knew that deep down, her mom loved her in her own way.

Holliday couldn't believe how her behavior caused her to push her loved ones away. She was so focused on herself that she missed precious memories with her grandma. She missed seeing her dad happy and getting to know Mendall. She missed bettering her relationship with her mom and being there for her after her own mother died. She also missed being there for Madison who clearly had her own issues. Holliday even she wished that she would have been more of a friend to Natasha. Holliday didn't know how any of them would forgive her but once she returned back to her body, she would start down that path to seek redemption. No matter what, she would right her wrongs.