13. Wow. That Just Happened.

I limped down the hallway, with tears slowly making their way down my make-up covered cheeks. Papa's words wouldn't stop repeating over and over and over and over....

"You are nothing to me. You're just a thing that came out of your mother. Maybe she died from your disappointment." He had growled.

I wiped away the fresh tear that had escaped and took a deep breath. Those words shouldn't hurt me. That man isn't my father. My father died when my mother did.

I heard something from the end of the hallway. I turned towards it, forgetting to cover up my marks. I scanned the hallway, but saw nothing. I'm going insane. Fantastic. I sighed and walked up to my door. As my hand reached out for the doorknob...

"Angelica!" I heard someone call. I turned to see Alex running towards me. He looked almost panicked. He was breathless and sweating. How long had he been looking for me?

"Alex... what are..." I trailed off as he stopped in front of me. He was so close that I could feel his breath on my skin. Butterflies started to appear in my stomach by the thousands, and I felt my cheeks heat up. Alex gently took my chin in his hand and examined my new forming bruises. His hand was smooth and warm. I looked into his eyes and his bore into mine.

"Are you okay?" He asked quietly. I nodded, unable to form words. His eyes seemed to be flooding with emotions. "I don't believe you." He whispered. I saw a hint of anger, but his eyes looked... worried.

"I'm fine, Alex." I muttered. I couldn't seem to stop staring at him.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asked. He must've figured it out.

"I couldn't disgrace my family. I can handle myself." I stated, trying to eye avoid contact. Alex moved my chin so that I was forced to look into his eyes or at his muscled chest. I didn't mind looking at either.

"I know you can. But at least let me punch that bast*rd in the face." He joked. I chuckled and shook my head, smiling. He smiled back.

"There's that smile I adore." Wait. Did he just say he adored my smile? His smile disappeared and his eyes darted to my lips. I did the same.

He started to lean in and the thousands of butterflies turned into millions. I leaned in and closed my eyes. It seemed like ages before his lips pressed onto mine. I sighed and kissed him back.

The kiss was gentle and loving. Just like I wished he would kiss me. His arm went around my back and my arms went around his neck. He pressed me against my door as he pressed himself impossibly closer to me. I moaned and I felt him smile into the kiss.

All too soon, he pulled away and rested his forehead on mine. I grinned and let my eyes stay shut, enjoying the moment. Did that just happen?! Wait until Katherine hears this. His hand grasped mine and he rubbed gentle circles on the top of my hand. I opened my eyes to see his eyes staring at my face.

"So." I whispered, giggling. He chuckled and placed a gentle kiss on my forehead. I smiled and leaned back against my door. I looked down at our entwined hands. Does this mean...

"You should get some rest, Angel." He said, snapping me out of my reverie. Angel?

"Angel... I could get used to you calling me that." I replied, my smile widening into a grin. He smiled and put his hand on my cheek. I leaned into his touch and sighed. His smiled faded and he placed a short kiss on my lips.

"Goodnight, Angel." He said, letting go of my hand. My smile faded as he walked away. I already missed his hand in mine. Why did he leave so suddenly? He didn't glance back this time. But before he turned down the hallway, when he thought I was out of his view, he pumped his fist. I laughed and Alex spun around. I winked and walked into my room.

Princeps On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara