15 | Those Bitches

Start from the beginning

"Mum, Dad. I'm home," Stephanie yells once they step into the house.

"Welcome home hon," her mum steps out of the kitchen to hug her.

"Oh my gosh! Brooke...I haven't seen you in a while. C'mere." She hugs her too.

"Hey Mrs. Valentine," Brooke smiles.

"Karen. Call me Karen. How have you been?"

Brooke answers politely.

"Where's Dad?" Steph asks.

"He went grocery shopping hun. Brooke honey, stay for dinner." Her Mum says.

"Uhm...sure. Mrs - Karen - I'd love to," Brooke replies. "Let me inform my parents.

"Sure....do just that."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The bell rings for Lunch and it's a Tuesday. Brooke and Stephanie leave the class they just had together.

"Hey, help me hold on to this," Steph gives Brooke her backpack.

"Why? Where are you going?" Brooke asks but still takes it.

"I need to use the restroom. I'll meet you at the cafe, okay?"

"Sure."

Stephanie hurries in the direction of the girl's restroom. She enters and gets into one of the stalls. She lets out of relief as she uses the toilet. She had the urge to pee during her last class but decided to wait since it was almost lunch break.

She hears footsteps as more than one person enters the restroom. She doesn't make a sound.

"You have that guy wrapped around your finger," a voice says.

Stephanie recognizes it as Aspen's almost immediately.

"You mean Luke? Of course, I do. He's like my puppet," a second annoying voice answers.

No other person but Ivy.

"Poison Ivy," Stephanie mutters to herself.

What Aspen doesn't know is that she's also one of Ivy's puppets. Stephanie shakes her head at that thought.

"Lucky you," Aspen sighs.

"That's exactly how I had 'he who shall not be mentioned' wrapped around my fingers," Ivy says.

She refers to Christopher as 'he who shall not be mentioned'.

It's kind of an abomination to mention his name.

"Yeah," her puppet agrees.

Stephanie who continues to listen in the stall begins to wonder who they're referring to.

"Chris is no longer wrapped around your finger though," Aspen speaks again, answering Stephanie's question. She keeps forgetting they ever dated.

"No shit," Ivy glares at Aspen just as Stephanie imagines.

"You think I don't already know that? And what did I say about mentioning his name?" Ivy chides.

"Sorry."

There's a pause.

"You're lucky. I like a guy that doesn't want to have anything to do with me," Aspen whines.

"Huh?" Steph whispers in confusion.

"You mean Jason. He'll come around. Don't worry," Ivy tells Aspen in a tone that affirms that she doesn't care.

Aspen sighs heavily.

"Let's go," Ivy commands and Stephanie hears their footsteps retreat as they walk out.