Chapter Two : Poetic Justice

(Shawn in Media]

Shawn Kents

I woke up with my alarm clock ringing its ass off next to my ear. I tapped my phone randomly, looking for the snooze button. Seems to be what everyone does nowadays.

Sitting up in my bed, wrapped in covers for 20 mins is not what I had planned to do, it just happened. I don't even know if I wanna go to School right now, simply 'cause I'm just really not in the mood and I would hate to fuck some shit up.

What David did last night stood at attention on my mind and the fact that moma let him put his hands on me makes it even worse. How weak of a person could you be to let a man that's not the father of your child, hit him? It honestly boggles my mind.

I threw on some all black joggers, a black sweatshirt, and my all black Tims cause that's how I feel today. Just sad and dark.

I only grabbed my house keys cause I didn't feel like driving either. I would call Kayla but I really don't want to be bothered at all today.

I got on the school bus and scanned the entire bus. Everybody stared as I spotted my seat and made my way towards the back. Probably because no one likes new people taking up even more room on an already crowded bus. I took my seat and put my ear buds in to tune out the world. Maybe I can organize my thoughts.

We pulled up to school and I rushed to get off. I just want to get this day over with so I can go home.

I walked in the large building and immediately catch the worst attitude ever. Normally I would go find Kayla or something but I think I'm just going to head to class.

As I walked towards my locker, I seen Travis slobbin' down some lil' thotbucket on MY locker. I'm convinced that people get a thrill out of fucking with me. He had the audacity, the gaul, to bring someone to my locker, I thought to myself.

I stood infront of them until they noticed me but I impatiently sighed as I shouldn't have to ask anyone to move from my locker.

"Yall need to move. Yall blocking my locker." I said with every ounce of attitude I had.

"Damn," he laughed, "who pissed in your cheerios Shawn." he said still infront of my locker.

"Bitch, move out my fucking way Travis."

"Ayee watch ya mouth!" He laugh became serious as he unhooked his arm from the girls neck.

"Nah, you watch your mouth and take both of y'all weak asses from locker" Everyone gathered as they heard our arguing and without a second thought he mushed the shit out of my face, so hard I could've easily broken my neck.

I wasted no time sliding my backpack off and basically slamming his face into the locker. Just cause I'm gay doesn't mean I won't beat that ass. "Damn"s and "oh shit"s came from the crowd as we were swinging at each other. I got the last hit in as random teachers pulled us apart from each other and took us to ISAP (detention).

°•○

I didn't plan on fighting Travis, but damn it felt good. I always wondered what it would be like if I ever fought him. It was almost as expected. I pictured Davids face as I was fighting just to give me a little motivation.

Now, the worst thing about being in ISAP today is that its a Friday and there's supposed to be some party later. Hopefully I see Travis there, just in case he wanted a round 2. I glanced over to him as he looked pretty pissed, but I really didn't care. He's fucked with me for far too long for me to just now be doing something about it.