"You aren't alone."

TRIGGER WARNING: depression.
Inspired by the Deadpool comic: Deadpool (2016) Issue #20, this comic made me fall more in love.
Also disclamer, I am not writing this to romanticize depression or anxiety. Depression is messy and ugly, it's not beautiful.
request by PinkDiamond1016 : a soulmate AU where the first thing that your soulmate says to you is imprinted on your wrist!!
  A/n: I'm gonna try to write as many requests I can tonight:) let's gooo
  Also Lucifer gave me a good idea for a imagine, it might be a bit saucy;)
—————————————
"You look beautiful."
That's the words that were written on my mother's wrist, spoken by my father. Her soulmate. You get them when you turn eighteen.
I turn exactly eighteen in two minutes.
             My eyes were glued to my right wrist. My family anticipating the result, so was I.
            One minute.
30 seconds.
           20...
           10..
           0.
          "You aren't alone." My stomach dropped. What was that supposed to mean? How was I supposed to make sense out of that? What if my soulmate wasn't a good person?
           My family's reactions were incomparable.
           "Maybe its supposed to be said jokingly?"
            "What if it's meant to be said in a comforting manner?"
             Days and months went by. Funny how quickly or slowly time can pass. I didn't know what it meant but, I gave up on trying to figure it out. Afraid of the circumstances of who it could be said by, I cut myself off from people. Midtown high was overflowing with students, everyone had a friend.
             Not like it wasn't hard for me.
             I didn't know what was wrong with me. I was loved by my family. I had a good home. I had a bed to sleep on. Food to eat and clothes on my back.
            But, why did I feel like this? Why was this unsolvable void never able to be filled?
You're worthless.
Unwanted.
           Look at those words on your wrist, you are alone. And you will forever be alone. You should die alone too.
             I couldn't take it any longer. I couldn't handle it. I walked on top of the roof of my apartment complex and felt the cold wind nip at my exposed arms. My hands were twitching and shaking uncontrollably. I felt my chest contract painfully with every breath. I couldn't breath. I couldn't. I couldn't. I walked closer and looked down at the beeping cars below me. People were walking down the street with their family. Girls with their friends. A grandfather on his way to get his mail. How happy, they looked. I felt my self tip but I pulled myself back. It was like a bucket of ice splashed onto my body. I froze but, the words that were convincing me from the beginning, came back.
             "No one cares about you." I acknowledged the words, convincing myself that they were the truth. I pulled my bottom lip in between my teeth. I felt adrenaline, no, anxiety pump through my veins. My vision became blurry but maybe it's my eyes. I knew I was crying, I just didn't know I was capable of doing so.
         "I'm alone."
         "You're not alone."
          My eyes widened and traveled down immediately to my wrist, I spun around to look at who spoke.
          "Spider-Man's my soulmate?" I whispered barely enough but he heard me. His white eyes on his mask expanded and he grabbed my shoulders pulling me into a hug.
         "It's you." His words entered my ear as he hugged me tighter. "Don't jump. It's gonna be okay. You're not alone anymore, I'm here."
           The lump in my throat allowed me to release painful sobs, I felt my knees let out and I dropped to the ground on top of the roof. Spider-Man was still clutching me. His arms holding on as if I could fly away.
           I held back onto him. For the first time, I wanted to be near someone.
          He leaned back after a few moments, I covered my mouth still crying silently. He took off his mask, his chocolate messy hair flopping out of it. His brown eyes looked at me with emotions, I couldn't describe. He gently reached for both of my hands and held them in his.
         "I'm here." His kind voice soft like velvet. "I've got you."
          He released my hands and wiped my tears with an amount of pressure I couldn't feel. He pulled me into his chest.
          "I'm not letting go of you, I promise."
~~~~~~
    A/N I hope this request was good, I'm sorry if I was insensitive but I am not romanticizing mental illnesses. And I am here for anyone who is struggling. My messages are completely open. I love you, I am here for you. I understand you. You may have lost a small battle but you have lost the war. You are not struggling, you are conquering this.
      I love you, all of you. Please do not hesitate to talk to me if you feel like this. Depression or anxiety, eating disorders or any type do not care about what is going. How many dogs you have and what you had for breakfast. But I care, I am here. I will listen❤️