"you got a little something, here.."

I knocked on my new neighbors door with a freshly baked apple pie. I spent all afternoon baking it for May.
         She swung the door open with a smile and her hair disheveled. A paint brush in her hand.
         "Oh hi! Y/n right? The apartment by the staircase?"
          "That's the one!" I laughed nervously and raised the apple pie. "I wanted to thank you for helping us with the groceries last week and see if you needed help with anything! And I made some of my homemade apple pie!"
       "Oh! Thank you," She smiled and opened the door wider for me to walk through. "Peter! She brought us some pie!"
          I turned to see the boy with chocolate brown eyes and curly hair. I instantly recognized him because of my crush on him. He greeted me on my first day and let me sit next to him at lunch.
          "Y/n! Hey I didn't know you moved into this apartment complex!" He chuckled with a smile and dropped a paint brush onto the floor.
        "Yeah!" I grinned, he walked over to me and hugged me. "How are you?"
         "Good! I spent painting the living room a "calming ocean blue," He joked and May rolled her eyes.
       "I thought it'd look good!" She said defensibly with a laugh.
       "Do you guys want any help?" I asked and May nodded enthusiastically.
         "Yes! I was about to go to the store and pick up some groceries." She smiled and picked up her keys. "I'll be back in a hour or two!"
       The door swung closed and we turned to each other with a nervous grin.
        Peter walked over to a record player by the window and it started to play some music.
       "I thought it'd be fun to listen to music while we paint," he walked over to the paintbrushes and I picked up one. "It was my Uncles. He used to listen to it all the time."
       "He had great taste." I picked up on the feeling that his uncle passed. "Frank Sinatra? Always brightens my mood."
        After a thirty minutes the record ended and Peter finished laughing with me about a story he told me. He set down the paintbrush and looked at me with a soft gaze. His eyebrows crinkled with a laugh.
      "You got a little something there.." His thumb reached out to my cheek and rubbed it lightly to get off paint.
     I looked into his eyes which never left me, he moved closer to me. Our lips inches away. I grabbed his hand in mine and leaned into it. He closed the gap in a instant and I felt his lips move passionately with mine.
     We moved apart to catch our breaths and he kissed my forehead lightly.
       "Maybe we could take a break for a bit?" I laughed lightly and grabbed the sides of his face to kiss him again.