"Get away from me."

Request by creative_writer_1998
***********
I  flattened out my gray sweater for any creases in the full body mirror. Checking to see if my outfit looked professional and my hairstyle not too messy, I turned towards the door.
"Wait!" My mother yelled running towards me with a granola bar. "Don't forget breakfast!"
"I don't think it'd be the best idea for me to eat with nerves..." I sighed anxiously and my mother grabbed my hand to give it a squeeze.
"Why do you think Tony picked you?"
"Because, I'm a charity case?" I laughed bitterly and my mother tssked her tongue at me.
"You're brilliant, that's why. He can see how your mind can help others, baby."
I looked up at the ceiling to keep tears from falling and messing up my makeup.
"Thanks, Mom." I smiled biting my bottom lip from trembling.
"Now, go help save the world."
———————————————————
"Could you get me a cappuccino? Extra whip cream. Thanks."
My jaw dropped as the scientist barely looked up from me. Tony came up from beside me.
"Actually, Phil." The man's eyes shot up in a second to see Mr. Stark. "You're being transferred to another lab. This will be Y/Ns. Now, go get yourself a cappuccino."
The squirrelly scientist gapped at the comment and his eyes widened in disbelief.
"Sir, if you don't mind, I have work to do." I tilted my shoulders back proudly. "I think your cappuccino is getting cold."
Phil made few comments as he left the room with his items. Tony walked around lab showing me everything.
"So, what do you want me to do, Mr. Stark?"
"Actually," He smiled at me and reached into his coat pocket to pull out yogurt covered blueberries. "Would you mind working with me in my own lab? With your brain, we could make some amazing tech."
He tilted the bag with treats out to me, I grabbed one and plopped it into my mouth.
"Let's get started."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I set my tools down with a frustrated sigh and tucked a piece of my hair behind my ears. I was altering one of Mr. Stark's hand blasters to make the beam more intense.
"Wanna take a break?" I turned to piece the familiar voice to my childhood best friend, Peter Parker.
"Peter?" My eyebrows creased in shock. "What are you doing here? Oh! You have a internship here!"
"Yeah, haha." Peter smiled at me. "You look great."
I laughed nervously and wiped some grease off my face.
"Really? You should see me when I'm not covered in soot and grease."
"You always look great."
I blushed lightly at his statement and looked back at the attractive boy.
"Wanna go get some food from the cafe down the corner?"
"Like a date?" Peter smiled at my suggestion. I walked closer to him wondering where he got this newfound confidence from.
"If you want it to be."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I rubbed my eyes tiredly as I looked back up at the screen. I was trying to figure out an antidote for a serum Hydra released. It's affects sent families, mothers, toddlers and babies in hospitals. I sighed in frustration and started to cry.
I wanted to help them but I couldn't figure it out. I couldn't. I felt useless.
After a few minutes of crying, I wiped my tears and went back to work. Opening up the cupboard to grab out chemicals to work on a possible antidote, I felt something bite my hand. I dropped the chemicals onto the floor, spilling everywhere. A blue spider latched itself from off my skin, instantly dying.
I felt nauseous suddenly. The room started spinning and slowly turning black. I fell down onto the floor.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I blinked myself awake with my head pounding. I set up quickly remembering the chemicals that fell onto the floor.
But, they were gone.
Only the glass shards of the tubes remained on the floor. I looked down at my hands to find my veins turning a bright blue, almost glowing.
"Miss?" I tucked my hands behind my back. The janitor, Edward, stood with his grey eyebrows raised in concern. "Do you want me to clean that up?"
"Yes, yes, please. Thank you Edward. Could you turn off the lights afterwards? I think I'm going to go home, I don't feel very well."
"Of course." He smiled at me and I returned it half heartedly.
"Tell Lena good luck on her presentation tomorrow!" He grinned at the mention of his daughter. I waved goodbye and walked away staring at my hands.
They were completely normal.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I opened my door hastily running but being pushed down. A hydra agent attacking me, I fell onto the ground and felt his hands wrap around my wrists. I kicked him away instantly with a great amount of strength.
Almost, superhuman.
"Get away from me!" I screamed feeling beads of sweat drip down my face.
Suddenly, rough hands grabbed my shoulders and threw me into the wall. My father stood over me with hatred that I thought I escaped from.
"You can never get away from your past." The hydra agent popped his neck and shoulder back into place. Almost demonically. "Or your future."
My father disappeared without a trace.
"No!" I cried into my hands and felt someone shake me. I raised my hand pushing them with an invisible force towards the opposite wall.
The Hydra agent gasped for air.
"Stop." He screamed at me with fear. "I'm not who you think I am!"
"I wonder if the people you killed screamed for help!"
"Y/N! It's me!" The agent screamed, I shook my head tightened the invisible grip. "Monday the 18th, 2007."
I blinked at the painful date. My grip released a bit, the agent sucked in breaths of air but continued to speak.
"Your dad left you that day. I remember. I remember how you barely ate at the lunch and I remember finding you on the playground. After asking you what was wrong, you burst into tears, Y/n. But, I held you. I wiped your tears. That was the day, I realized that I was always gonna be there for you. I will always protect you. I will always love you."
"Peter?" I released the grip altogether and fell to the floor sobbing.
I opened them terrified thinking it was fake. But, the touch of a hand on my shoulder felt familiar.
"Y/N, you're okay. It's not real. It's not real." I felt tears pour down my cheeks at the sight of my boyfriend, Peter. He wrapped me into a tight hug. I looked around my apartment which was trashed now. No sight of Hydra agents, no sight of my father.
"I'm so sorry." I cried looking down at my hands and feeling Peter hug me tighter.
"It's okay, it's okay." Peter kissed my forehead. "What happened?"
I told him everything that happened at the lab.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: sorry if this chapter is crappy. I'm hella stressed for no reason and my anxiety is making me sick so we ain't vibing😔 but I passed my exam and now I'm xray certified:)