Theo Takes Charge

Beginne am Anfang

"Are you going to be okay?" Ezra asked.

"I should be," Theo encouraged. "Now come on, let's get going."

Ezra helped Theo up, and together, they left the cabin, making their way up to Mj's car. Standing next to it was Lisbeth in her faded black jeans and an oversized hoodie. Her blonde hair pulled up into a ponytail.

"Finally, y'all decide to join us." Austin Jokingly shot.

Theo rolled his eyes, walking around the car and getting in the back seat, Ezra followed, sitting behind the passenger seat. Lisbeth was in the passenger as Austin started the car.

The entire ride to his house wasn't that excited. A few bantering conversations back and forth between Ezra and Austin were enough to make the car ride feel much faster. Although Theo kept glancing at Lisbeth, who seemed to do the same thing to Theo in the rear veiw mirror. It wasn't a bad vibe. It felt more like she was marveling at the fact she was in the same car as him. It threw Theo off, and he was definitely going to ask Ezra about it later.

About 30 minutes later, they arrived at the house. Theo must say he missed looking at his 2-story house in the middle of a field with neighbors about a block stretch away from him. He wishes he could stay here forever, but alas, he most likely won't be able to due to the situation. Not even his parents get to stay.

Theo got out with the others, realizing he was the only one still in the car. Austin and Lisbeth turned to them with a smile.

"We will go check the house. You guys wait here." Austin says, ushering Lisbeth towards the house.

Ezra threw his arm over Theo's shoulder, bringing him in close. Theo rested his head on Ezra's shoulder, watching the other two enter the house on high alert.

"Isn't it crazy to think that in so short of time, our lives changed?" Theo asked, watching as the lights sprang to life in each room as they searched it.

"Life can be crazy in a short amount of time. But hopefully, it starts to settle down so we can enjoy our company." Ezra bent down and kissed Theo on the lips. Theo snickered, wrapping his arms around Ezra's waist.

"If only it were that easy." Theo teased.

"It's all clear. We will walk the perimeter, try not to take too long." Austin called, walking one way around the house while Lisbeth walked the other way.

Ezra ushered Theo up the stairs until they entered the home. It immediately smelt of dust and the alcoholic smell of rotting fruits. Theo sneezed at the sudden overwhelming smell, looking over at the counter to see the wire basket that usually holds their fruit was now fuzed together with melting, rotting fruit. Theo nearly gagged, bringing his shirt up to his nose. He walked over and opened the garbage cabinet.

Grabbing the only un-soiled edge, he slid it into the garbage and quickly closed the door. Ezra shooed Theo away. "I'll clean this up. You go get packing." He kissed Theo on the cheek as they passed by each other, growing a wide smile on Theo's face.

Theo happily made his way upstairs, stopping at the hall closet to grab a suitcase. Once in his room, his happy-go-lucky demeanor dropped. The room looked the exact same as when he was attacked by Jayson. Of course, it feels like a distant memory with everything that has happened to him, but it made him instinctive to grab a hold of his stomach protectively.

Shaking the uncomfortable feeling away, he placed the suitcase on his bed and started stock piling clothes and whatever else he needed like his laptop. Once done, he grabbed his other bag and stuffed 2 pairs of shoes along with his cologne. As he walked into the bathroom, he spotted his contact lenses on the counter and smiled softly. He picked them up, now missing the fact that he doesn't need them anymore.