11

11th august 1994

"I'm so fucking sick of all these shoots." I grumbled quietly to Noel who was sat on the sofa to my left.

"That's only because you always get upstaged by the bollocks that is me." Liam called from where he was lead on the floor.

Guess I wasn't as quiet as I thought.

"Shut it you twat." Noel kicked him.

We were currently shooting the cover for our album in Boneheads flat - very last minute might I add - I was sat in front of the sofa on the floor, in between where Noel and Bonehead were placed. My legs were propped up and I was meant to be watching the television.

I had a cigarette between my right pointer and middle finger which the photo director had told me to put out but I kept re-lighting until he got sick of asking and left me.

Thankfully, after a few shots of us all in different parts of the room they'd decidedly gotten good enough ones for the cover.

The album was due to come out on the 29th so when I say last minute I really mean it.

We were all walking together out of the flat.

Liam wrapped his arm around my shoulder, "I barely see you anymore." He pouted.

"I've just been busy, I guess."

He slowed our pace down so that we were walking behind the rest of the boys, "I've missed you."

"I've missed you too, Liam." I sighed as I breathed in.

From the corner of my eye I could see his mouth turn up into a smirk, "what're we still doing here then?"

"Not today," I told him, "I've got plans."

He scoffed, "with who?"

"My mates." I smiled.

He rolled his eyes, "what mates?"

"You dunno them." I looked to the ground embarrassed.

He removed his arm from around my shoulder and looked to me, "let me meet them, then." He said raising his eyebrows matter-of-factly.

I giggled, "you wouldn't like them" I told him honestly, the arrogant northerner would be confused and dismissive of the punk and the hippie I've grown to consider close friends.

He'd find ways to start drama with the peace loving couple.

"If I wouldn't like them, neither would you." He stated.

I shook my head at him, "Alright then."

His face lit up, "really?"

Why not, I thought. Charlie was a drug dealer, Liam was a drug user... See that's already one thing they have in common.

After getting off a few stops on the tube we'd finally made it to the couples home.

I'd warned Liam that they weren't the usual lot he hangs around with and he just told me to shut up and lay off.

After knocking on the door I gave him an encouraging smile, before long Charlie answered, he saw Liam first due to him being taller and tilted his head in confusion. When he saw me his face grew warmer.

In my peripheral vision I saw Liam puff out his chest when The now red haired man answered.

He welcomed us in, Ariana was lying on the sofa mindlessly flicking through the tv when her head turned around and saw us. She shot up in her seat, bending over the sofa to see us better.