2

20th June 1994

We'd found out the previous day that the studio was wanting to release our untitled album by the end of august which put a boatload of stress upon the band.

It didn't help that for the past 20 minutes all Liam and Noel has been doing was bickering about nothing in particular.

With a huff I stood up, removing my bass from around my neck I placed the dark red beauty down gently, I grabby my cigarette pack and vibrant red lighter from my purse,

"I'm going out for a fag." I mumbled to whoever cared to listed before quickly walking through the studio door and skipping down the flight of stairs.

I perched myself on a small wall outside of the studio, my bare legs were cold against the cold wall and breeze but I warmed myself up with the black and white Adidas jacket I'd put on.

I took one of the fags from my box, placing it between my lips I held my lighter up to the tip, I struggled to light it for a moment, muttering swearwords in frustration, I was close to giving up thanks to the light breeze that wouldn't seem to shelter from my hands.

That was until a green lighter was held against my face, lighting the end for me, I took a drag knowing who owned the lighter, not bothering to look up.

"Ev'rything alright Ast?" Noel questioned using my nickname.

I took a drag from my smoke as he took one from my packet lighting it for himself, "I just wanna get this fucking album done with."

"Listen," he started, "we got three more songs to do after this and it'll be all o'reyt."

He gave me a reassuring smile as I leant into him, the six year age difference between the two of us lead to a tricky relationship at the beginning of the band. He felt as though I was too young and would be immature, i'd barely turned 18 when Noel showed up and joined the band.

The only reason I'd managed to get into the band was because I had a fling with Liam at the time - that still happens every now and then depending on our soberness - and he saw the bass in my bedroom leading to a string of questions about it.

Noel reckoned a girl would be shit in the band but after Liam persuaded him with bands such as Fleetwood Mac and Blondie he was more inclined to the idea, thankfully.

After a few months of dead end shows around Manchester, Noel and I had formed a good friendship, we shared some interests such as the enjoyment of getting off our heads and how fun we were together when we were high.

We sat there in a comfortable silence for a few more minutes, at least until our fags burnt out before deciding to head back and finish recording.

"Finally, his royal highness is back." Liam said sarcastically to his brother as he walked through the studio door.

"Oh piss off, you better 'ave gotten them vocals down whilst I was out." Noel said to his brother threateningly.

I walked past Noel towards my bass, picking it back up as Liam was stood next to me grunting to himself,  "I'll show yer some fucking vocals."