9

4th July 1994

I was disturbed from my sleep by the cool breeze in my room. I rolled on my back, opening my tired eyes and looking to see the disturbance smiling back at me.

Damon was sat up in my bed, eyes squinting from tiredness and an innocently small smile.

"Good morning." He said, lying back down next to me.

I turned around, facing away from him, he snaked his arms around my waist, pulling me closer into him.

We laid in comfortable silence until I realised I wouldn't get back to sleep.

I sat up, Damon turned onto his back watching me.

I held the covers over my chest so I wasn't completely exposed, leaning over to take the pack of cigarettes on my night stand, 11:43, the clock read.

"D'ya want one?" I asked him, getting myself one.

"Yes please." He grumbled.

I handed him one, throwing my pack back onto the stand and lighting them both separately.

"What's your plan for today?"

"Don't really have one," I explained, "I was meant to go for an interview with Liam and Noel but I've slept through it mostly."
I shrugged not caring too much.

"I'd get belted if I missed an interview." Damon chuckled at my carelessness.

I laid down on my back looking to the ceiling whilst smoking, "That's 'Cos yer the main one."

"So are you?" He furrowed his brows, turning on his side to look at me, holding himself up by his arms.

I shook my head, "No I'm not, tha's Liam and Noel."

"You're in the papers just as much as them," Damon explained, "I thought you was their sister before I met you."

I laughed at this, he thought I was a Gallagher? I shuddered at the thought of being related to those two idiots.

I opened my mouth to make fun of him for thinking that when the sound of my telephone was heard.

I sighed, giving him and apologetic look whilst shuffling to my feet, putting on some underwear and one of Liams jumpers on my floor, "that'll probably be Noel."

Damon just rolled his eyes at me.

I answered through the phone attached to the wall in my room so I didn't have to leave Damon unattended.

"Hello?" I said into the receiver.

"Good morning my darl!"

"Mum." Damon gave me a questioning look to which I turned away.

"I wanted to ring early, make sure I was the first person to tell yous happy birthday!" She laughed through the line, he bubbly voice filled with excitement.

My face fell at her words, "what?"

"Finally you're 21! When you go over to America you'll be able to drink!" She continued listing things.

I stayed quiet as she spoke, I felt a tear well up in my eyes and when Damon noticed he sat up, worried.

"Mum," I stopped her.

"What is it darl?" She cheerfully asked.

I coughed, stopping myself from crying, "my birthday was yesterday."

"What?" I her voice said, quieter than it was, "no it wasn't!" She tried to laugh it off as if I was joking with her.

"Yes it was," I sniffled, still not letting a tear shed, "3rd of July 1973."