UnSnap?

Steve walked me into the workshop. We had detoured to the kitchen for water and I grabbed a few cookies to snack on. I was crunching away as we walked in to the workshop.

"All right, the glove's ready." Rocket was announcing into the work area. "Question is, who's gonna snap their freakin' fingers?"

Steve and I came to stand beside Clint while Banner, Tony and Rocket addressed the glove.

 "I'll do it." Thor began stumbling forward, moving awkwardly across the room.

"Excuse me?" Tony retorted.

"It's ok" Thor replied without missing a bit.

"Stop, stop." Tony was speaking out, "Slow down."

Then men moved into action to slow Thor down. Their hands were up and they were halting him in place, everyone except Clint and myself. We just watched them.

"Thor." Steve stepped out and tried to stop him, "Just wait. We haven't decided who's gonna put that on yet." Steve was gesturing toward the glove.

As my eyes looked at it, it looked like one of Tony's gloves. The gems attached at the knuckle points on the back of the glove and the yellow gem in the center of the back of the hand. 

"I'm sorry." Thor began to speak again, drawing my attention to him, "What, we're all just sitting around waiting for the right opportunity?"

"We should at least discuss it." Scott spoke up, his timidity around the others fading quickly.

"Look," Thor replied, "sitting here staring at the thing is not gonna bring everybody back." He took a deep breath, "I'm the strongest Avenger, okay?" His rationale in this was not winning points, "So, this responsibility falls upon me."

I looked around the room, examining the situation. The men were measuring up who was going to handle the gauntlet and I stepped over beside Banner. I placed my hand on his arm, I knew he was weighing more options then everyone else. It wasn't about pride for him. I smiled up to him.

It's you or me. My eyes were locked on his as I watched him process what I said. I nodded to him to let him know it was me.

I know... The only reply he gave me before he turned away from me. 

"Lightning won't help you pal," Banner spoke up. "It's gotta be me." His demeanor was humble and sorrowful. "You saw what those stones did to Thanos." He moved toward Thor, "They almost killed him." He approached the gauntlet in its cradle, "None of you could survive."

"How do we know you will?" The concern that Steve had for his friend was laced in his words. 

"We don't." Bruce stated plainly. "But, the radiation's mostly gamma." He shook his head, "It's like..." his eyes closed and an estranged expression came to his lips, "I was made for this."

I looked around the room and noticed Nebula was missing. I stepped to the edge of the workshop as I looked around for her. I could here Tony still talking to Banner as I checked the hallway. No signs. I turned back and watched as Scott and Roadey activated their helmets. I came up between Scott and Steve, looking to Steve for direction. He lifted his shield and I watched as Tony lifted a shield between him and Banner.

"Friday, do me a favor and activate Barn Door protocol, will ya?" Tony spoke out as his helmet locked down. 

"Yes, Boss." I heard FRIDAY announce overhead.

I watched as the windows and doors had metal slides pulled over them. We were going into lockdown. I let the heat within me begin to rise.

"Everybody comes home." Banner said as he slid his hand into the gauntlet.