Who is she?

When I came to I was seated in the back seat of a large SUV. The road was fairly smooth and as I looked around I noticed the cage wire on the windows. I noticed the 3 other men in the vehicle as I lifted my head off the window it had been resting on. 

"So, you like cats?" The man behind me had said. 

I didn't listen much to the conversation they were having. I heard some of the words, like one of them accused another of their friend murdering his father. I assumed he was accusing Bucky, which I knew the truth and I was more then happy to talk, to the right people. 

Bucky had told me he trusted Steve with his life. I knew I could trust Steve as well.

I looked around the under ground parking area as the vehicle parked. Steve helped me from the vehicle, I was resting a hand on his arm trying to keep my balance. When a large glass box rolled by, in it was the man that called me his wife. My eyes went wide and I felt the familiar heat in my chest again. I watched him shake his head at me and I took slow deep breaths to calm myself. He must have noticed a tell. I made a mental note to find out what it was when this was all said and done.

A man stood before us, with a woman to his right and three armed men behind him.

"This is Everett Ross" the woman introduced him. I zoned out after that. I moved my hand from Steve's shoulder to his arm. 

"Who is she?" The man asked as he pointed to me.

"She's-"

"I'm Jesse Brimstone." I spoke quickly. He didn't need to know me as Bucky's wife. My mind was already spinning on how to get him out of the cage he was in. It wouldn't do us any good if we were both locked up.

"Should that mean something?" He said to the woman at his right. She shook her head and looked to Steve. They shared expressions that I knew Bucky and I had shared. They were full of untold knowledge that would be shared between them later.

We began to walk from the parking area. I glanced back and saw Bucky hang his head. I felt sorrow fill my heart and I knew I had to get him out. 

As we crossed a glass covered bridge a woman with red hair came to walk alongside Steve. 

"For the record, this is what making things worse looks like." She said as she turned to keep pace with us. 

I felt my legs regaining strength and I had release my hold on Steve's arm. He looked to me and I nodded, keeping pace with them on my own.

"Who is she?" the red head asked as she looked toward me.

"Jesse Brimstone." Steve said quietly. "Bucky's wife," he spoke just above a whisper.

Her eyes went wide and she looked to me. In her eyes I was just a brown eyed, brown haired, simple girl. She didn't see me turn into a flaming bird, in fact none of them had. I was hoping to keep it that way as much as possible. 

We walked into an office and there was a man, in what appeared to be an expensive suit, yelling on his phone. He walked over to Steve and the other man with us. They exchanged curt words and then we walked over toward a large table behind glass walls. I sat down and watched as Steve and the man in a suit and red tie exchanged a conversation for some time. I didn't care about their words, I was scanning the screens that could show me any information about what was going on with my protector. 

It was a few minutes later I noticed as Steve walked out of the small room we were in. I glanced toward Steve and back to the other man. 

"And who are you, exactly?" He shifted his gaze toward me.