Chapter 10

Teddy's P.O.V.
(She is 21 and he is 22)
I was pacing back and forth nervously at Bill's office in Gringotts waiting for him. Usually, I don't get nervous around Bill, even though he is my girlfriend's father. But today I was about to faint. I was pale and my hair kept changing colors so fast you could barely distinguish each color. "Teddy!" Bill said as he saw me "Is there anything wrong? Why are you so nervous?"
"No, nothing's wrong, I just wanted to ask you something" I said "You know, I love your daughter so much and I am pretty sure that she is the one. I wanted to know if you would allow me... To marry her" I looked at him nervously. I could feel my hands sweating and trembling. "I can see you really love her. Yes, you can marry her. But remember, she is my oldest daughter and has a lot of uncles who will kick your butt if you ever hurt her." He smirked to show he was joking. "Thank you so much Bill!" I said, and even though I already had his permission, my hair was still changing its color really fast. "Now go and propose to her, but calm down first, I can't even see what color your hair is" He laughed. I said goodbye and apparated home. I opened the door and entered to find Harry reading The Daily Prophet.
"Hey Harry" I said. "Hey Teddy! I thought you would be out all day, what brings you here?" He asked. "I need your help" I said nervously "You know, I want to propose to Vic but I have no idea of how to choose a ring". He smiled excitedly and said: "Let's go to a store, I'll help you!". I laughed and we apparated to a muggle jewelry store. "Welcome to our store, how can I help you?" Said the woman who stood by a table with a book with pictures of their merchandise on it. "I would like to see some engagement rings" I said and she guided us to the table, where she put a kind of tray with a lot of rings.
After a few minutes, neither of us had found any rings we liked when Harry said: "Ted, take a look at this one". I looked at him and he was holding a beautiful ring. It was golden and had two little jewels, one being pink and the other one blue, circled by a lot of even smaller diamonds. "I have to buy this one" I said firmly. I payed for it and me and Harry decided to stop by some restaurant to eat something, to calm me down.
"So, how are you going to propose?" Harry asked. "I have no idea" I said putting my head on the table. "You better think of something" He laughed. "I know" I said, but my voice was a bit muffled since my face was still against the table. "Okay, now go and propose to her instead of staying here smashing your face against the table" He laughed and pulled me from my chair. I got up and said: "Yeah, you are right. I'm going to propose to her. Now!" I said. I apparated to the garden of The Burrow, where I knew she was. She was sitting on the swing. "Hi!" She said happily. I was going to reply but I froze and the words simply didn't leave my mouth. My eyes widened and I apparated back to where Harry was. "I can't, I'm too nervous" I said. He got up and grabbed my arm. "Yes you can" He said before apparating and taking me with him. We appeared at The Burrow's garden, where we found a confused Victoire telling Lily something. "I swear, he just appeared here, I said hi and he disappeared!" She said. Lily saw us and said: "And here he is again!". They both got up and walked to us. "Why did you just... disappear when I talked to you?" Victoire asked. Harry grabbed Lily's hand and said: "Let's go inside, they need to talk". He also called the boys who were playing quiddich and they all went inside. I almost could feel them staring at us. "Vic" I started "You know I love you so much. You are the best girlfriend I could ask for. And what's even better is that you not only are my girlfriend, but also my cousin and best friend. I love you with all my heart, and really would love to be with you forever. So, Vic" I bent down to one knee, holding the little box with the ring "Will you marry me?" I asked. I was so nervous; I was frozen in the spot, waiting for her answer. A few seconds later, she smiled and said: "Yes, yes, yes, a billion times yes!".
I got up and tried to put the ringer on her finger, but my hand was trembling too much and she helped me, laughing. Then, I picked her up and kissed her. I heard the cousins cheering from the house.
I couldn't be happier; I was finally engaged to my favorite cousin and best friend.