Chapter 9

Victoire's P.O.V.
I was so excited. Me and Teddy were going to surprise Lily. It was her 12th birthday, the first one she was spending at Hogwarts. We had been exchanging letters with our cousins that still go to Hogwarts, and we also got permission from the headmistress to throw a little surprise party for Lily in the Gryffindor common room. We were spending the weekend there, I was staying in Rose's dormitory and Teddy was staying in James' dormitory. We apparated by the front gates of Hogwarts and Hagrid was there waiting for us. "Teddy, Victoire!" He said as he opened the gates for us "I missed you two so much!". He hugged us (he almost killed us, but whatever) and I said: "We missed you too, Hagrid. So how is it going here with twice as Weasley's as it was years ago?"
"They are turning this school upside down" Hagrid laughed "Now let's go and meet Rose, she is waiting at the headmistress' office". We followed him there and saw Rose talking to McGonagall quietly. "Rosie!" Teddy screamed. Oh, that boy is crazy. "Teddy!" She said as she ran to hug him. "Miss Weasley, Mr. Lupin" McGonagall said. "Hi Headmistress McG-" I started but Rose cut me off "We don't have time to talk! We have to get a party ready!" She said. We ran out of the office to the common room. Once we arrived there, we saw all of our cousins and a few students, who were probably their friends, setting the decoration and food. "Hey Guys!" Teddy said loudly and everyone stopped. "Ted!" Everyone from our family screamed and ran to us. "Let's get this party started!" I said and everyone yelled and cheered in response. We set everything and, when it was ready, all of the family sat on the sofas to talk.
"So, everyone is pretending they don't know it's Lily's birthday?" I asked. "Yeah, but I don't think we should have done that, she was so sad. We even hid the presents mum and dad sent her!" Albus said. "Poor girl" Teddy said "I just noticed one thing... Where's Rose?". Wow. My cousin wasn't there and I didn't even notice. I'm an awesome cousin, huh? "Why don't we go and look for her?" I said. "Yeah, but we have to be quick, Lily might be arriving in an hour or so, since she is studying with Hugo, Lorcan and Lysander." Teddy said and we left the common room. We had been walking around for almost ten minutes when we saw Rose. And Scorpius Malfoy. K-I-S-S-I-N-G. I looked at Teddy and he had the same expression I had. He mouthed: "Revenge!" And made a face. I held back laugher and whispered: "1,2,3, go!". And we sang the song that had been dedicated to us by our cousins before: "Rose and Scorpius sitting on a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G. First comes love, then marriage, then comes a baby in a baby carriage!"
They pulled away startled and me and Teddy were crying of laugher. "Don't tell dad." Rose said with her eyes widened. "We won't tell anyone" I said. "But if you hurt Rosie, I swear I will k-" Teddy said but I cut him off. "Okay, you can threat him later, now let's go to the party!" I said "Scorpius, you can enter in the Gryffindor common room today, with the permission of two people who used to be Gryffindors"
When we were almost at the common room, we heard four little voices talking excitedly. "It's Lily and her friends" Rose whispered. "Run!" I mouthed and we all ran to the common room. "She's coming!" Rose screamed when we reached the common room. I hid behind a sofa with Teddy, so Lily wouldn't see us. Did I mention we were the 'birthday surprise'? So, they turned off the lights just a few moments before Lily arrived. "SURPRISE!" They screamed and me and Teddy remained hidden. Everyone but us ran to hug her. "There's one more surprise for you!" Albus said. Me and Teddy jumped from where we were and ran to hug her.
A few hours later, we sang Happy Birthday to her, ate the cake and went to the sofas to talk. Teddy put Lily on his lap. "I guess I lost my spot to you, right Lily?" I joked.
She laughed and so did everyone else, but I soon got my spot back when Lily sat on the ground to play Wizard Chess with her friend Lysander. When Teddy was busy talking to his cousins, I called Lily. "So, who is this Lysander boy?" I asked when we were in a corner, talking. "He's my best friend!" She said happily. "I thought your best friend was Hugo..." I said raising a eyebrow. "No, he is my favorite cousin. Lysander is my best friend." She told me.
I think I see the second generation of the favorite cousin and best friend story... And I also see how lucky I was. My favorite cousin and best friend were a single person... And he was also my love.

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
A/N: Sorry guys, this one was more of a filler chapter! And about the Scorose part... I just had to! I love Scorose!