S-class Exam Part 7: A Dangerous Scavenger Hunt...!!!!! 4: Zeref and Rogue

Hi minna!!!

Happy Holidays!!!!

Merry Christmas!!! 

Well, I hope this chapter can be a good enough present for you guys XD.

Enjoy!!!

Zeref's POV

What...

Seriously? That's it?

Lucy, you should have given me a harder one.

*Sigh*

"Ne, Zeref. What's the clue say??" Bickslow asks, sticking out his tongue.

Whoa, I almost forgot he was there.

"Oh, it says:

While the sun's still high,
It could be no darker.
The sinful cries,
Of the soulless beings.
Within the withering heart,
Blackened with evil,
You shall find it."

"Ehhhhh...??? I didn't catch that... hehe. Read it again??" Bickslow scratches his head awkwardly.

"Again, again!!! Again, again!" his dolls repeat.

"Here." I toss him the clue.

He squints at the paper and makes a weird face.

Does he not know how to read?

"What the heck??? Is it just me, or does this clue seem more dark and evil than most...?" he says slowly.

"Dark and evil! Dark and evil! Dark and evil!"

"..." I sweatdrop. "You're a bit slow, aren't you..?"

"Ehehehe...what makes you say that???"

"Yea, yea, yea!" his 'babies' chant.

"Everything about you..." I sweatdrop again.

"Wha- HEY!!! That's mean." he 'humph's.

"Well, anyway, I know what the clue is talking about, so follow me."

"Ah!! Of course. As expected of Zeref." he laughs.

I walked to the cave where I always stayed before Lucy came.

Animals would have always walked in for shelter or food and my magic would've accidentally killed them all.

Bodies of the dead, decaying creatures are everywhere, littering the ground.

Their souls no longer in their bodies, yet trapped in this world.

The dead, sinful look in their rotting eyes.

I kneel down and pat a deer's head.

"Sorry, again, poor little creatures." I murmur.

"Yikes!!! This place is creepy!!!" Bickslow yelps, finally caught up. "Jeez, you sure are a fast walker Zeref. Bet you could even beat Jet!!! Haha!!"

"Beat Jet! Beat Jet!!" his dolls catch up with us, appearing in the cave.

I stood up and sighed.

"Let's search for the clue."

"Wait, where? You don't mean... we have to dig out each of those dead things' hearts and look inside the?!? Man, that's gross!" Bickslow pretends to barf.

"No... you think Lucy would make us do that?" I sweatdropped. "The cave is the true heart, it represents all of the creatures' heart and holds all the evil inside it. So we just have to look around for the clue."