chapter one • she is the fire (m)

CHAPTER ONE | SHE IS THE FIRE

aries are the epitome of fire. they jump into relationships with heating passion and a craving that never burns out. — leena sanders

// kim taehyung

"... announcing the marriage of kim taehyung and the one and only heiress of bae industries, bae joohyun!"

the sound of his father's voice made him stop breathing and stare at the stage, his eyes widened in shock and his mouth agape, not wanting to believe anything.

the crowd cheered, sending congratulations and the music started to play again, celebrating a betrothal that never he never think would exist. he knows this day would come, but someone, someone he didn't even personally know will become his wife after one to two months? that's something he could not comprehend.

he laid back on his chair, a sigh escaped in his lips. when the cameraman came towards him, he faked a smile so that maybe, just maybe, he could go with the flow. the people, or his father so-called friends started to go towards him. he wasted no time but to stood up and faced them. his fake triumphant smiles wooed their ignorant minds.

he need to act calm. he would make this clear. and to do so, he needs to have a plan to slowly sort out his thoughts about this marriage and the woman he is betrothed with. he sure does know her, but not that close or friendly as he could possibly is.

maybe my mom was right for me to choose a bride not dad, gods, this is all my fault. he thought.

truthfully, his father asked him if he had any girlfriends or relationships that is ready to tie the knot but since there's none, his parents told him to options: he will choose a bride, be in a relationship or, let his dad work on his engagement.

and he chose the latter, which made him regret a little or much more little.

the cameras flashed and he turned around, looking for the soon to be his wife. when he spotted her at the othe side of the large room, he let the staffs disperse the cameramen and so they are all gone. the people who gave him attention turned towards the stage.

looking at everyone, they are currently having fun or dancing while being entertained by the singer and musicians up the stage so he finally got the time to walk away from the spotlight and made his way towards the woman, who is equally the same as him.

she was sitting with her cousin, bae suzy who is giggling beside her while she was drinking her tequila, knowing how everything just suddenly happened like a bomb exploding. making his way to her table, suzy noticed him and she nudged the woman, and she finally looked at him.

she was fucking beautiful. that's all that he can say.

she sensed that they need to talk and spend time alone so she gave out a tight smile to her cousin and stood up, her tight red sequin dress currently flashing some sparkles that the lights gave from her dress' glitters.

her long caramel hair gave her beauty the peak form that made her so beautiful, that taehyung gulped when she made her way to him. when she stood up infront of him, he offered her a hand and she smiled.

away from the venue of his birthday party in his mansion like house, he felt relieved but somehow this woman made his heart beating like crazy. they finally arrived at the large balcony in the third floor, away from the prying eyes of media and the people, also this the mansion's more private floor so there are no people coming there.

joohyun stood on the balcony, looking at the scenery of the city's lights and silhouettes of the buildings as they flicker.

he let out a cough and spoke, "so, this is it, huh?"