chapter twelve • haunted

CHAPTER TWELVE | HAUNTED

your memory feels like home to me.
so whenever my mind wanders, it always finds it's way back to you. — ranata suzuki

// bae joohyun

it was already months since she left. her heart was in peace. looking at the horizon atop the eiffel tower, joohyun felt bogum's arms around her. it was already starting to snow... and it was november.

joohyun tried not to cry of the thoughts of him. taehyung was once a memory... a memory so beautiful that she wanted to remember forever. she was starting a new life... a new life without all the responsibilities. she will come back, but not yet.

"irene, the view is so beautiful..." bogum muttered as she smiled sadly.

"yes... it is," she felt the memories come crashing back 8 months ago... when they both saw the sunset as taehyung kissed her with love and passion in that wonderful evening.

pulling away from bogum's touch, joohyun immediately said sorry and walked away, feeling the tears falling from her eyes. she could still hear bogum running towards her but she ran fast, far away from him. far away from the love she found in a place she visited.

bogum and her met in st. gallen. he was a painter and he fell inlove with her. and she accepted the love after so many times he let her feel it. when they got in paris, they stayed here for a month until this day. but... everyday... she remembers taehyung and it was so heartbreaking to think that she has just left him there... with a promise.

as she arrived in the elevator, she immediately walked towards the corner as she felt the tears falling from her eyes. soon, the elevator was full and everyone around her was looking at her with concern in her eyes but she kept crying.

she arrived at the ground as she ran away towards the crowd until she stopped, rapidly panting from running away. sitting on a bench in a tree just meters away from the tower, it was dark as she felt her tears still falling from her eyes.

the memories of him keeps on coming back... and it was making her suffer. taehyung was the only man she loved, and leaving him there without any words make her heart break.

"i'm sorry... i left you.. i'm so sorry..."

finally standing up, she rubbed her eyes with her hands as she walked away from the park towards where her car was parking. she was on the park again with so many couples and people who are taking pictures. her eyes blurry, she didn't even realize that she has bumped into someone. someone tall and...

looking up, she saw his face.

it was dark already but the nearby lights reflected his sculpted nose and his curly ink hair. he was tall and... he could make her feel so helpless and weak.

it was kim taehyung himself infront of her.

she was frozen infront of him. she couldn't say anything... even mutter a word. there are so many words she wanted to stay but she felt so dumb and weak... she wanted to kiss him again, feel his body against her, fee his passionate touch, and look at his eyes with love and admiration. but taehyung was staring right back at her with no emotions...

remembering her promise, she coughed a little and smiled. "i'm sorry... i bumped on you."

taehyung was taken aback but regains his composure, "yeah... it's okay."

it was awkward... but it was the start. the start of them meeting each other again. joohyun looked down at her feet, wanting to tell him that she missed him very much and...