chapter nine • strings attached

CHAPTER NINE | STRINGS ATTACHED

our love has been the thread through the labyrinth, the net under the high-wire walker, the only real thing in this strange life of mine that I could ever trust. — audrey niffenegger

// kim taehyung

taehyung has been cooking their meals, doing some household chores and making her happy for 2 days since he arrived. kim taehyung was never like the husband worthy man that women love, but he is trying his best to be the 'husband material' that joohyun unknowingly likes. wendy was back in seoul to take care of irene's company while she was gone, and everything was peaceful.

their house was a two-story family home that is situated at a small riverbank and a beautiful scenery of garden full of flowers and trees. joohyun has been going to the gardens and watch the beautiful flowers bloom and the butterflies circling and flying around the plants.

and he, at once, felt at ease. as if the time stopped and with joohyun, it was like he was living in a fantasy world. taehyung felt that everything he once are, the company, him as a ceo, was just a fleeting moment of his life and he was just an ordinary young man who suddenly fell inlove with a princess in the forest. joohyun was effortlessly beautiful. she would stroll around the vast expense of area around their house and look at the plants and flowers, then sometimes sprinkle them with water and take care of them.

extending his leave for a week to spend time with joohyun, he's been doing his ceo works in a workplace in their house. seojoon would report everything via phone or telephone call then once it is settled, he would take a nap or just hang out with her.

right now, he was sitting in a meadow outside their house. reading a book, the fresh air and wind has been blowing his long curly hair. he would sometimes put his hair in a ponytail or sometimes leave it be. after all, joohyun likes to ruffle his hair. he heard some crunching leaves as he looked up to see joohyun, with a long white summer dress with her hair down, walking towards him. she was smiling, and right now, taehyung could see how instantly his world brighten up just with her smile.

he slowly fell inlove with her everyday.

smiling back, joohyun sat beside him and put her head on his shoulder.

"what book are you reading, love?" she muttered, and looked at the pages.

"hmm..." he looked at the front cover, "... a million junes. i just started today. it's seems promising."

"can i read it?"

"sure," he replied and gave joohyun the book. the green grass of the garden are now softly moving as the wind blows in the summer afternoon. he could hear the birds chirping from above and the leaves of the trees moving in its branches. the sun's rays are now frequently hits his face as he continues to adjust to the light. in this large tree, the birds are above them as they sat and took some rest.

the blue skies and the white clouds made this day clearer as an ocean. it was all peace and love... and beside him, was a woman he has grown to love.

"joohyun..." he mutters, a thought appeared in his head.

"mmm, yes?"

he moved away and faced her. she was now looking at him, confused. she was really adorable when she was like this. taehyung looks at her with such love and happiness. he smiled with hints of adoration.