chapter three • take it slow

CHAPTER THREE | TAKE IT SLOW

for after all, the best thing one can do when it is raining is let it rain. — henry wadsworth longfellow

// kim taehyung

a month has passed since their date. it was a formal date in a 5 star restaurant in seoul, booked by kim taehyung himself. yet, their meeting was awkward. the fire that ignited in the night they first met was slowly reduced into ambers. they didn't contact each other since they are both busy in their companies.

kim taehyung didn't know that a month has passed already. since becoming a ceo, he never stopped working to get his company on top. while bae irene's company is not too competitive and since they are not in the same industry, he never bothered to check up on her.

and irene didn't check him too.

a call made him stop signing a piece of paper. it was a personal call on his phone, it was his father. he heaved out a sigh before tapping 'accept' on the screen.

"taehyung, a party will be held in one of the bae's resorts. i want you to take a leave for a week. the parks and kangs will be there too." his father said.

he remembered irene or simply joohyun, on that blissful night. the way her eyes ignites fire as he fucked her hard, making him bit his lip before replying.

"when?"

still, he was not that excited. the marriage has already been postponed into 5 months after the arrangement. he was in fact, quizzed by the long period of time to know her but he can't help it. he was a busy man, and joohyun was a busy woman. all what they think was work. and being the heirs to their family's businesses.

but... someone already has occupied his mind for the past few days. he shrugged off his thoughts about her.

"tomorrow morning. i will call your assistant and please pack your things for the trip. good bye." his father ended the call.

he slowly put the phone on his desk and heaved out a sigh. he turned his comfy large rotating chair towards the glass windows to see the seoul's metropolitan area so bright and sunny. he saw bae irene's building on the west side, a company and a shop in one piece. her billboard all over that area. a smirk formed in his lips when he realized that the woman he curiously into, was so hardworking, like him.

"gotta meet you again, fire."

--

it was already evening when he finished packing his things. in trips, he usually not let his maids do the packing since there are personal things that he he wanted to bring. instead, he do the task by himself. securing the large black trolley bag, he sat on his bed as he remembered a piece of jewelry that joohyun used is in his small drawer. he walks towards the large wardrobe and opened a small drawer, in which he saw a piece of damiani earring.

simply put, joohyun left it behind. if it was in fact a present to him or she just forgot it, it still troubled him how that woman affected him that day. and it was already a month since they haven't met. surely, joohyun has second thoughts about their marriage.

her unpredictable behavior makes her mysterious, yet, her fire made her the way she was. suddenly, his phone rang and he received a text.

it was his father, telling him that their private plane has already been docked.

he needs to go.

1 hour has passed and they already arrived in their destination. the private resort of the bae family was located in jeju island, that comprises a beautiful and photo worthy location for their family only. he's been to jeju so many times yet he didn't realize there is a private part of this island that belongs to his fiancée. they are rich after all, they can buy a large piece of land in a popular tourist destination in south korea.