Turning Tables

"It is Aliya's handwriting Manik", she uttered helplessly.

Manik, cabir and Aryaman looked at her in surprise.

"What?", Aryaman muttered under his breathe.

Manik stood there rooted. He is so mad at the situation that happening out of his lead. All these are mess.

"How did you got that letter?", Manik asked angrily. This Aryaman seems to be nice but he is much dangerous than he thought.

Aryaman rose his brows as he had no clue about it. Before he could say anything,

Nandini uttered in disbelief, "what do you mean?"

Manik hated this moment. He hated how her voice was cracking that gradually increasing his fear of losing her trust on him. He doesn't want her to know everything like this. Things could be better if he handle this situation in his way but that stupid Aryaman ruined everything.

"Manik...you..by chance, you knew before itself?", Her voice came out as whisper.

Cabir kept mum because one simple word can ruin entire thing between them. He is as helpless as Manik.

"Listen Nandini, I read it before itself.I tried to tell you but...I ", As Manik began, Nandini ran away to her room. This is so much to bear. Her heart is thumping against her chest so hard. She's feeling heavy inside. Manik tried to hide something from her which means the most to her. It was about her bestfriend.

...

Manik immediately pushed Aryaman to the wall and punched him on the jaw.

"How did you get that letter? You bloody....What do you want from us?",Manik screamed.

He was irritated with Aryaman's acting like he was clueless. Because except Nandini everyone knew he is mr.M or something related to him.

"I don't get it from anywhere. It is in the postbox", Aryaman said in irritation.

"Tell me the truth dammit", Manik held his collar.

Cabir placed his hand on Manik's shoulder.

"Calm down buddy. I think Nandini needs you right now. Let him go now. We will handle him afterwards"

"Just check my cupboard Cabir. I clearly remember that i kept the letter there"

"Okay Manik, I'll go and check".

Manik nodded and storm to her room.

...

Can't she deserve to know this atleast?

She caressed the letter and kept it on the table. Her eyes were brimming with tears as every moment spend with her came into the vision.

She don't reacted this way with him ever. But she is feeling so weak to handle this situation out there. Sometimes we broke down not because we were weak but because we had been so strong for long time.

Nandini is not mad at him. Maybe something in that letter is so sensitive to handle with care. That's why Manik avoiding to reveal it.

But the heart which trust him blindly was slightly cracked, that she feared of being it brutally broken.

Maybe someone outside couldn't understand her pain for a silly thing like this. But she always been an introvert handle the things very smoothly and smartly. Only handful of people were allowed inside her world and others always received a well behaved, very mature and mannered Nandini. Not, the crazy chatter box who would speak without thinking twice as she always knew those beloved persons never gonna judge her.