Wilting Rose

Nandini went to her room silently without speaking anything. She's feeling extremely guilty and exhausted.

Nandini went to shower and stand there silently. Her body is trembling violently.

Manik don't know what to do with her ?. He had no idea . He has to be strong. Manik personally don't know Nandini. Sometimes aliya speak about her. Aliya loves nandini a lot. He even admire their bond.

Nandini went down , even though she wants to be alone. She have to deal with Manik and his questions. About aliya. About the death of her best friend.

Manik staring silently at her.

"What happened to her? ",  he asked guiltily.

" Manik.. She had Glioblastoma multiforme ", nandini uttered so softly ever.

" huh? ", manik frowned.

Well,  nandini darling what had you expect from a rockstar!!

Nandini sighed. " glioblastoma multiforme is a deadliest brain tumor.It's a rare disease manik. As far as I know it cannot be cured"

Manik clenched his fist in anger.

"She didn't even tell us. And yesterday only I know that she had crossed the final stage. I did surgery even after knowing it's gonna be useless", Nandini closed her eyes in pain. 

Manik eyes were bloodshot.

" why she didn't tell you ? You're her best friend dammit", manik roared.

"I don't know.. But what about youConsidering you're her boyfriend manik",  nandini faked a smile.

" but you stayed here with her"

" rarely manik. I rarely stayed at home. Didn't you know I have lot of surgeries to do. "Nandini can't believe that he is blaming her.

" Even you came here every weekends Manik",  Nandini huffed.

"You're a doctor rightDidn't you notice the symptoms",  Manik glared at her.

" I didn't know ",  Nandini uttered helplessly.

" and you failed the surgery... Like for the first time and its your bestfriend and you let her die", manik lost all his cool.

"Stop it... Just stop it Manik malhotra.. I don't have to give you any explanations ", Nandini yelled and for the first time her eyes get welled up.

Manik noticed her teary eyes.

" you have to answer dammit... It is unfair to her ",  manik yelled highly.

Nandini burst into tears nodding furiously . she can't able to handle the pain.. Nandini cried loudly. She was about to fall down but manik held her and hugged her like a baby.

" I'm sorry.. Manik.. I'm... ",  she whispered.

" shhh... Nandini... I know",  Manik intentionally do this to her so that she will cry. He don't want her to bottle up her pain. He knew that Nandini has only aliya.

About aliya she had many friends. She was a Extrovert, her beauty amd charming aura always attracted everyone.

"I tried hard.. " nandini said.

"I know baba... Shhh..."

"Cry nandinicry all you want.. Please don't bottle up your feelings",
Manik rubbed her back so softly ever.

That's all Nandini needed at this moment. She held him tightly and cried her heart out.

Thanks manik.

For everything...

....

Next day.

Nandini wake up and felt a warm hands around her waist.she knew its manik's. She felt embarrassed for yesterday. She didn't knew manik cared about her. 

She even had a secret which she didn't tell anyone. Not even aliya.

She is a die-hard fan of Manik malhotra. Well not on the rockstar manik malhotra but on the cute teenage boy with guitar manik malhotra. He is her first crush.
Manik, aliya and nandini were from the same school. Aliya and nandini were classmates. Nandini used to  admire him silently from afar. Manik didn't even know that nandini exist.

"You're a moon , I'm the river ...
Even I can't claim your reflection.
You're a Sun and I'm just a lotus
Maybe I live for you but you're not.
This is how we are...
Closer yet far away..."-sitara

Her heart were broken when her bestfriend aliya's boyfriend was manik.and with that she buried her feelings deep inside her heart. As days passes she was used to it. She always felt guilty for hiding her feelings from Aliya and Manik. But she had no other way.. She had to hide...

For her best friend aliya...

For their friendship.

But now??  Maybe he cared about her because of aliya... 

Now all those feelings were seemed to unreachable even to her.. Now manik is just her bestfriend's boyfriend. That's all.

...

Hiii lovely readers...

How is it ??  Hope you like it. Do vote and comment. Pls respond .. I don't know whether you are liking the plot or not..

Thanks for reading..

Unedited.