Counting Stars

"I didn't expected this from you Nandini",  mr. Sharma shook his head in disappointment.

" uncle, I'm sor.. " nandini begin apologizing.

"Its not her fault uncle", Manik cut her off.

" I can understand you lost your daughter but uncle please try and understand us too", manik pleaded with so much sincerity.

Nandini wondered why he didn't let her speak.

Aiyappa I can't understand him.

Mr. Sharma nodded understandingly.
He knows that they are not only at fault. Even him to. They left her daughter abandoned due to their business. Aliya always wanted to stay with their parents. But they can't handle her besides the work loads. Now sharma fashion city is number 1 trending company but aliya is no more. He should have let her stay with them.

Nandini felt sorry for them. She knew how much aliya love her parents. But they are so much into business they left her uncared. Even now mrs. Sharma couldn't afford to visit her daughter's place due to her business meetings.

Is that more important than her own child?

Is she really her mother?!

Is parenthood always about financial assurance of life. Don't they know what is loveCareHappinessJoy?? WishesDesires!?

Nandini anger knew no bounds. Eventhough aliya had parents she had been living like Nandini. Longing for their love and attention. The tragedy is that even her parents know her wishes.

Mr. Sharma went to the hotel room that he had book. Of course he came india for purpose. His stupid meetings.

Manik and nandini were so sad.

"I am going for a walkWanna join? ",  manik asked her.

Nandini bewildered.  She looked the watch and it is 5.00 in the morning.

she wanted anything but to be alone.
She sighed and whispered " yes"

Manik shocked at first. He expected her to reject but then its Nandini murthy we are talking about.

...

Manik and Nandini walked thro the empty road street. Nandini has goosebumps due to the chillness and she loved this climate. Their house is near a valley which led to a small hill.

They walked past the valley. Neither of them spoke anything. They didn't spoke much before too. Words aren't always essential to feel something. The silence between them is so beautiful and comfortable.

The stars shining brightly above. Manik looked at the sky and smiled contently. Nandini wondered why.

"You know what nandini, stars are the most beautiful creations of God", manik spoke breaking the silence.

" why so? "

"They seem to be so tiny but they are huge actually. They are shining despite the darkness surrounding them"

Nandini looked at the sky. The stars are slowly fading and the sun is about to rise.

"But aren't they resemble our problems? "

"How so? "

"When we see them nearby its so big and from afar it is so small and tiny. Like we have see profound manik"

"You know every dusk has a dawn ! There is a light after darkness. Sunrise gives hope manik that all the problems have solutions too. We need light to search for it ", Nandini words were water drops on the dry land. His heart is swelled with delight. He don't know what he found from that. But all he knew is that there is still a hope. Maybe there is a beautiful beginning after every ending.

Manik grinned at nandini. Nandini's heart skipped a beat. She don't know but being with him always makes her feel better. But sometimes his indifference hurt beyond anything.

They stood there in the mountain watching sunrise.  Birds chirping and butterflies dancing, its so beautiful to feel the beauty of nature.

~Its not the words that speak darling but the gestures~
- sitara
...

They went home.

Nandini received an emergency call from the hospital and so she left immediately.

Manik didn't help but missing aliya miserably. So he went to her room.
Her things arranged there neatly and untouched. Aliya always liked her privacy. She didn't let everyone to enter bee room. But manik is an exception. Maybe nandini too.

He touched her belongings softly, followed by his sigh. Aliya always had cared about her looks and appearances. But nandini is polar opposite to her.  Sometimes it even make manik wonder how on the earth that they are like best of friends?.

But about friendship its a unknown feeling comes from heart. The feeling of comfort speaks all.

Manik eyes caught few white sheets neatly folded in the dressing table. He wondered what it might be. It seemed like a scribbled papers with aliya's handwriting. And the sentence in the first page shocked the hell out of Manik.

" To
My dear bff
Nandini murthy "

...

Hello all!

How is it?

Hope you liked it.. Pls respond.
Do vote and comment.

How do find this story so far?!
Feel free to comment.

Thanks for reading!!

Love,
Sitara.

Unedited.